[solved] Advice on Kontakt LFO "the unipolar function"

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Smoove Stack, Dec 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Smoove Stack

Smoove Stack Kapellmeister

Hi Guys! In the same way as in Omnisphere and several other synthesizers, there is the unipolar LFO function, which among other things is great for modulate, eg. filter cutoff only in one direction in relation to the pre-setted konb point. Is there some possibility to do the same thing with KONTAKT`s LFO? I tried to do this using the curve modulation function, but I didn't get perfect results. Any advice? Thanks in advcance:bow:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List

Attached Files:

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I don't know sh*t about these things but definitely there're "random unipolar" and "random bipolar" options in the modulation list drop-down menu. Don't know it they do what you want.

4. Smoove Stack

Smoove Stack Kapellmeister

Thanks Xupito. I just I saw in another forum the solution to this task!

Leftmost node is at X = 0.0%, Y = 50.0%.
    solved.JPG

5. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

:like: interestin thread ... I´ll follow :wink:

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

@Smoove Stack
    Glad you found out the answer. I was trying to help and then realized that I wasn't really sure how to do that in Kontakt. I know how to do it in Omnisphere and that's by engaging the + sign in the LFO section. This will be a useful thread for others that will need this info in the future.
    He's referring to unipolar LFOs, as in LFOs that will only add to the current position of a knob and not subtract from it as well. For example, if you assign the LFO to filter cutoff and cutoff is at the mid-point, a bipolar LFO will go above and below that position while a unipolar LFO will only go above.