SOLUTION: Melodyne 4 Crashing Ableton 10.1.3

Discussion in 'Software' started by Clayton123, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Clayton123

Clayton123 Producer

Hello! I was having this issue for awhile and it was really starting to make me pull my hair out. When transferring into Melodyne 4 in Ableton 10.1.3 often times Live would altogether crash. (was happening before 10.1.3) Especially if I was transferring to more than 1 instance of Melodyne at once. It got to where I couldn't reliably transfer an entire take in one go, I had to do it in sections and save in between, and I could not transfer to more than 2 instances at once. No good :dont:

So after poking around on Google and seeing some people with similar issues but no real solution I went looking through the settings. And the solution I found was to enable "detect audio after transfer" in settings>preferences>misc. Really simple solution but it's worked! Have been able to transfer to 4 instances for a whole take with no issues!

I'm guessing having Melodyne transfer the audio and detect it at the same time was too much for my system:dunno: Which my computer isn't weak but it could be stronger. i5 7500, 8gb ram, ssd system drive.

So I don't know if this was affecting too many people but in case it was I just wanted to share my solution. Have a nice day yall! :bleh::mates: