Solution for old members leaving AudioSEX

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Andrew, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

Surprisingly, I'm actually impressed with and mostly in support of that tentative list of changes. My only objections are these:
    • (Von_Steyr) - Posting threads should be limited to 1 per week for all members, new and old.
    I don't get why respected and proven members would be limited to 1 thread per week. That's seems like it would potentially neuter the few power-players that actually do frequent these parts. Sometimes you've just got a lot to talk about because of changes in the industry or because you're on a creative roll, etc.
    • (Von_Steyr) - First ten posts from new members should be approved before posted
    Ten seems a bit too high for the convenience of the moderators, assuming the other changes like negative post flagging, introductions, etc. go into play. Maybe like 3-5 if the rest of the list is in effect?

But kudos to everyone for their input.

2. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

A professional musician; one who earns a living by making music. Much like a pro plumber makes a living by plumbing.

3. spyfx

spyfx Guest

yes my friend i know that,just don't take "too" seriously everything i say,only sincerely :wink:
    i was just playing with foster in a good way.
    Also i don't believe "pro", "the music industry" or 'unions' are what about music really is :wink:

4. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

It'd be great if there was a way to alert a mod to an endless argument going on in a thread, and the one's involved would be blocked from further posting in that thread for several days (not banned from AS as a whole). It would be sort of a self policed type situation then. That might help the thread derailment situation.
    Don't know if there's facility to block a user from posting in a particular thread for the mods to use, though.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

I, too, hate a debate. Have an agree check mark.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. digitaldragon

Thank you. :mates:

7. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

Glad to read that, I hope to listen to some new stuff soon! :wink:
    Welcome Back man!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

A lot of useful comments on here, something @mozee said earlier I think that also it is essential for people to be present when it is most uncomfortable got me thinking...granted thats a slow and often irratic process...but what can I do to contribute here was the outcome.

Anywaze I decided to start a new thread which hopefully will be of use to some, myself included...........The Tip Thread.

Hopefully in line with the spirit of the place.

And again, hopefully it generates more interest than my last thread attempt..:deep_facepalm:

9. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

MY MAN! Glad you're here.

I remembered you taking a break. For... not dissimilar reasons now that I think about it. I don't think I was around to see what became of all that so I was a little concerned maybe you just packed it up. This is good news.

Hi @NicoDPS. Yessir I'm back on my grind

10. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Dont take it personally man. I just happened to remember the name of the thread, content wise it wasnt the worst of those type of threads.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

Can't we just limit @Von_Steyr 's posting ability to 1 per week? :unsure:
    Honestly I think he received too much positive ratings and it should give him time to lurk around and give them back to the community.

12. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Lol, yea thinking of taking a long pause actually, can understand some people being fed up with my posts by now.

13. digitaldragon

And that's a solid nope from me. Keep posting!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

you just make sure to turn this on [​IMG] to come back where you belong :)

15. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Since this has happen more often lately, I propose to add any "whishes" for software of the groups to the "don't" list.
    Be it for Christmas, New Year, Halloween, Super Bowl, or whatsoever. I'm really tired of it.

And maybe also complaints about the groups and their non-releases. I can't stand the moaning anymore.

16. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I have returned following a somewhat public humiliation. I came back because it seemed some people did value my experience and I hope, humor. I haven't kept up to date with this thread, but I feel that newcomers should be on a probationary period. Let them know how things work, what is acceptable and what isn't and if not following guidelines, should face suspension. I was deeply hurt at the comments of a highly personal nature which had no place in any topic. Yet, I as a member since 2011 had no real recourse against a person who joined three weeks ago. I have never made a secret of the fact that I have been a working musician since 1978 and perhaps I am overstating this, but some degree of respect must be shown to those with knowledge to impart. Having said that, I am glad to be among good friends again.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Solution for old members leaving AudioSEX? More Audio Sex.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

No way my friend!
    As you are one of the pillars of this community, you can't / must not leave. :mates:

Happy new year everyone!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Will keep the door open. Always like reading your responses @mrpsanter , you are one talented musician/producer as well :mates:

Happy new year :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Actually we do it's called, "Message Reply Ban" in each thread, but i used to do 7 days bans, but some certain members would come back, and wreck more havoc.

So now once i ban a member from a thread its final until further notice if needed.

It works quite well actually and easily reversible, if said member attitude changes or comes to their senses.

Its not really known even for long term members here and a member has to be really troublesome before i make that decision so members reporting it dont abuse the system