Solution for old members leaving AudioSEX

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Andrew, Dec 5, 2017.

1. spyfx

spyfx Guest

i love this,this community of people is priceless :like:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. Yeah well. It's not as good as the UAD Yucatan Sinkhole EH-45, is all I'm sayin.

Have an annual community based project? Can we have an impersonating Roy Orbison contest?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

good idea on the nasty replacement... too often, trolls just go through a thread and take a dump on people for any reason
    at all, forcing a reason would cut down on it...and document it..

and how about the personal attacks part? just relying on reporting the comment still? seems to be the only way
    as clearly mods cannot be reading every post to confirm non-abuse

the 15 post requirement for warez comments .. would be a welcome relief... so you don't get 0 day n00bs plastering their beggary
    and R2R conspiracy threads..... thanksssssss

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  4. spyfx

spyfx Guest

idk if this has been answered before (so forgive me for asking),but what's the reason of no Reason subforum under DAW ?

5. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Those imo are excellent ideas.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

Can't think of a viable solution yet, other than probation period with limited access. But then I wouldn't want to be newb in such community.
    Improving reaction time is another way, but even mods have lives, so dunno how would that work in practice

7. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Posting threads should be limited to 1 per week for all members, new and old.

Threads that have nothing to do with reviews but only "speculate" on warez ( teams) should be a no go, same for politics.
    We have had sort of an internal agreement between older members to not go into politics and other threads that divide people here, since its our get a way place from real life problems.

First ten posts from new members should be approved before posted

Each first post( thread)from the OP that gets more than ten dislikes or disagrees should be automatically alerted to mods for a review, just to be sure.
    This doesnt happen many times , but when it does its usually ( not always) related to warez requests, demands, trashing, etc.
    Just a few suggestions.

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Andrew

Not sure this is the right way to go, it'd present considerable limitations if someone would like to get insights into production and then posted their own track. 2 weeks would be necessary for that - even more people would run away.

With approx 10 new users every day, it'd be at least 20 to 30 approvals on daily basis, we already have this in place, but for 2 posts only. This should be reserved only for identifying spam accounts, and there are several ways how to get past detection.

Now every post with more than 8 dislikes will get automatically hidden. Infringing posts should be reported, not hoping to reach some number of dislikes to get noticed by staff.

Still IMO we should keep warez discussion and the rest separated.

Some more suggestions:
    • To have the option to post, new users would have to first introduce themselves in "introduce yourself" part of forum. Very brief description would suffice (above 60 characters)
    • some extra rewards for long time members (collective subscription to image hosting services?)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. But what would happen to all those wonderful posts you make?

Warez discussions? There are two kinds - The R2R is a... type threads, and the I can't get this mofo tarball to work type threads. I think we should keep Scene discussions off public view on this site. We should be open to offering help (or sarcasm) to crack using musos, but never judgement or blame. Be open. If this place has anything going for it it's that you don't have to pretend here. Anything goes.

Allow liberty but not the taking of liberties.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  11. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

can someone bring me up to speed on what happened?:dunno::dunno::dunno:

12. Andrew

If we could contain those threads in one category, it'd be leagues easier to moderate them. Both help and "nonsense" R2R threads.
    Several subcategories - "need help with release" and "others".
    Interesting idea to keep that in house, I'm in favour, with that 15 post requirement being the pass to gain access.

13. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Well i have toned down with posting my threads, trying to step more into the role of an observer/reader rather than contributor.
    My suggestions were very general in nature, maybe a bit too strict, i was just fed up with dozens of pointless warez threads lately.
    Its a tough problem to solve, im sure others have more productive suggestions :)

14. uhub

uhub Kapellmeister

Current situation of AS.

:deep_facepalm:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Andrew

There was a wave of people who left, disproportionate to last year, with four people "rage quitting" just within last 3 months.
    Trying to remedy situation - introducing measures to keep spam and offensive posts to a minimum while increasing value of long time members.

Situation escalated when @tooloud recently left, several people irritated to deal with trolls on daily basis.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. ricefields

ricefields Member

wtf happened? can somebody make a thread about it?

17. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

Like that @Von_Steyr +1. I think that will be great @Andrew. Some forum that i joined imposed that number of post requirements. The idea is to avoid quick random sign-up and then create unnecessarily new thread and then disappear, leaving the thread to the commnunity under disorder :dunno:

Perhaps, maybe also honour a badge like gearslutz to honour old members. They have badges like 5-years, 10-years memberships and so on. Maybe it's good to do that. Maybe we can start giving badges to members who have been around starting from 1-months long membership. You with me?

18. This is just the kind of thing I'm talking about...no need to get personal and post videos of my family.

19. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

There were times that I was on the fence, haha. But you always cleared it up. The fact is that your posts have been informative, sharing your workflow, etc. Funniest one was the willy measuring one.

I thought that was what the ratings were for (Producer, Rockstar, etc.). They give a pretty good indicator of how much of a contributor a member has been. Maybe some graphics for the ratings so you feel like you get some bling after your 100th new thread. :yes:
    I do like @Andrew's idea of some type of reward for old-timers for sticking with it instead of getting disgusted and leaving.
    Also, there is a way to block another member, correct. Never done it myself, though some may have blocked me and I don't know it. :dunno:

@uhub, that video is spot on!

20. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I sort of feel like the reward is just having a forum we can talk about the topics without seeing guys who have been here
    for years getting eviscerated and leave... it's enough for me...

the ratings are a good indicator in this case.. that if they report abusive behavior the mods have some reason to take it as legit...
    than just some snowflakey whining because their widdle feels got hurt... so it's on us as well to report stuff that just doesn't promote
    the good vibes .. i.e. blatant abuse/personal attacks

I admit I didn't formally report about @Aliens or @tooloud, but I will now when I see similar behavior

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List