Solution for old members leaving AudioSEX

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Andrew, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

I find that's the solution to everything.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Well, it didnt help this guy.

3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

In Florida they have to do it with more drama... :deep_facepalm:

anyway what was the topic again?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. This is the reason I don't hang as much as I used to. I worked through some things in the past but am getting a liitle bored with bull and would rather dash than deal, my tolerence has a ceiling.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • List
  5. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

we need "safe space"! ...for everyone! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

*I hope that to much ":rofl:" guys didn't offend anyone in any way... :dunno:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

You are not alone moosh

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

Meh, I am not old hat around here but I think it is normal for people to come and go a bit.

I think that also it is essential for people to be present when it is most uncomfortable. I am not saying that it is possible to change the minds of those creating that discomfort by any means, just that in the most dire of circumstances it is the better part of human to point out a wrong and call it what it is in matters that are not subjective.

Just as in the real world and for the entirety of human history, there are leeches, trolls, aggressive people, passive people, pedants and people who want to be so dominant as to proclaim their particular subjective views on anything including the most ridiculous minutiae as fact and indisputable gospel. The truth is they are more present and more eminent on the internet due to the anonymous nature of the media and the safety of not being face to face with someone who might just decide that punching you in the face is better than continuing said argument...

Things ebb and flow and overall I think this place is pretty cool... breaches in protocol here and there aside things will settle down. Besides if traffic is light maybe all those cats are working on the Christmas tunes for the Christmas album thingies... Who knows the world at large feels like a much shittier place (at least for me) even-though nothing has changed really (yet) and that frays some nerves, but then again is it not fair to let the young/old and foolish sometimes be foolish maybe given time they will see... maybe?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

It isn't about a safe space, really. It's more about productive discussion.
    From my end, I see a thread that really interests me. Discussion starts out good. Suddenly it turns into an argument about what color the sky is or whatever other topic which may have something indirectly to do with the thread topic, but no, not really. Not directly. Then after it's derailed like that, it never seems to get back to the discussion which interested me in the first place. Disappointing is what it ultimately ends up being.
    I myself am guilty of some side discussion within a topic, but generally try to keep that reigned in. I mean I understand nobody is perfect including me.
    But if someone doesn't agree with me about something, I don't take up pages upon pages of crapping on another's thread back and forth to sort it out. Learn to let go. That's where I find it ridiculous.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. spyfx

spyfx Guest

sometimes it is better to raise your words,not your voice.
    It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. foster911

foster911 Guest

People entering my threads aren't able to weather the austere life in them and survive.:dunno:

PS:
    I have the record for getting any kind of offense form most of members but I never took them serious and instead tried to raise myself because what matters for me is the good music not human's spontaneous reactions.:mates:

• Like Like x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  11. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

from my experience, you can not have this kind of discussion on internet, period. ...unless is limited to trusted people in closed groups, the less people, the better...
    everything else is just "shitposting" ...maybe is just my experience or maybe is just the way it is... and knowing that we still find the way to entangle ourselves in those futile discussion as you stated... hilarious :)

12. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

indeed.. and I sometimes ponder if you are not a Zen master plying his trade and toil in in our midst...
    with an untouchable resolve

in that vein and refrain, I'll just drop this link here.... in homage of course..

http://dronerockrecords.com/shop/zen-bastard-super-zen-edition/

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • List
  13. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I totally agree with most of the posts.

It's really sad that members feel the need to leave because others can't behave. May they come back with new strength and confidence.

I like Herr Durr's idea of temporarily suspensions. It's worth a try to show the trolls the boundaries like Mainzelman said.

Like digitaldragon I find myself keeping off threads, even if I find them interesting, because of pages of off topic posts and/or members heavily argueing against each other who is right, who is wrong and who said what to which subject and that is going on and on and doesn't seem to end.

Productive discussions are what I'm here for too. Sharing my experience and my opinion and gaining new experience and learning.

Sure, I made mistakes, had been "wrong", got misunderstood and asked silly questions. That's life. But I can say sorry, try to make myself clear in a friendly way, or ask what went wrong. And I got several times nice and friendly reactions, be it in the threads or via PM. And I appreciate that.

14. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

It is not without a good reason my friend. You are asking for it. In short, you have a tendency for grandiose titles with all the wrong subjects, imho always. Well, admitedly not always, but i don't think i should embarass you enumerating your one too many illogical declarations or conclusions.
    For what it's worth i am sure you mean no harm, and be sure the same stands for me too. My somewhat ironic answers (from time to time) are there more as a "cheerful teasing note" and perhaps to make you think deeper before starting a thread or when answering, rather than irritate you.
    Take care :)
    Ps: Take my humble suggestion as a word of caution in order to avoid further offense:
    :guru: Keep it modest mate

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

Suspicion and dark rumors surround me
    Everywhere I go they confound me
    As though the blood on my hands
    Is there
    for every citizen
    to see
    [​IMG]
    O sweet Jesus
    There is no turning back
    There is always one more forum
    A little further down the track

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  16. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Strange... I haven't seen nothing out of ordinary lately.
    IMO it is the usual way that forums work... some old members go, some new members arrive; everyone has its own reasons, and there is no need to dig to deep into it.

We all miss some good pals that used to be here with us, but again, no big drama here. No one forced them out, and the door is always open here at AS for them to come back after ventig out for a bit.

To be constantly present here, requires a fair amount of time, that not everybody have at disposal, so, I think that it is normal to see someone "disappear" from time to time.
    If they care about the community as much as "You" do, they will be back... if not; well so be it... we had a good time together, but now it`s time to move on.

No need to call out the mods or anyone else... the risk of steering the forum towards a closed/private club, by taking some restrictive actions is just to big.

Concerning the few nasty kids; do not pay to much attention, they will grow up eventually ...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. Satai

Satai Rock Star

From my perspective, if my friends can't take a few knocks and laugh it off with me, then they're no friends of mine and when they go in a big emo huff - good riddance. It reveals that they were not reliable people, they break at the slightest challenge flying their way.

On the other hand, noobs disrespecting older members who are known for quality contributions to the community should get ruthless and immediate "beatdowns", so that everyone understands they ain't shit and don't really get a say at all, until the community said so. Just because a noob can open their big mouth does not mean they should be permitted to openly disrespect a valuable member of the community. Punishments would absolutely be handed out to noobs in unfair and disproportionate amounts, while established members guilty of the same thing laugh and smoke a cigar, getting off scot-free.

My kind of safe space.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  18. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

you been around longer than me.. and you seriously think this is what happens... on a regular basis? I don't...

I guess @One Reason has pretty much disappeared now too.... he used to be roughshod.. on n00b posts.. but he got called
    out for it too....

I generally agree with the premise... why should someone who just landed here go about pissing on the furniture
    and throwing their balls in everyone's face ?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Satai

Satai Rock Star

Hopefully it does happen in a healthy amount. I was hoping that it would happen a lot more, always improves the overall atmosphere & everyone puts on their best professional tone, because they don't want to be the screw up kid who gets laughed at + banhammered.

I would draw the distinction between new kids on the block offending the fee-fees of members (perfectly fine, they should know better than be offended) and being the loudmouth who disrespects useful forum members due to inexperience (banhammer).

20. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Here are few solution that could ease the pain:
    • Make the forums completely free of warez discussion and have one category dedicated to that (similar to lounge), which would be accessible only for active members (above 15 posts)
    • Rework the rating system to encourage more positive ratings (replace 'nasty' with 'objectionable') and for negative ratings user should put an short explanation (minimum 10 characters) and only then they'll be able to submit
    • Have an annual community oriented project
    • Posts in Our Music category would get a priority in Audiosex feed

• Like Like x 10
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List