Software to Make Loops out of Multitracked Drums?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mercurysoto, Feb 21, 2023.

1. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Hi fellas, I've been requested to make loops from live recorded drums, so the task is to quantize them and then save the loops.

What piece of software do you recommend for Mac?

Thank you for your kind support.

BTW: I wouldn't want to change DAWs. I'd rather have a plugin or standalone tool. Thank you all.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
  3. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Logic would work as any known DAW.

Your choice.

Wouldn't get too crazy on the audio quantize. No that DAW wouldn't handle it, but it would suck the life out of the loop.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

I'd personally just use Logic for a wave editor and looping, especially since you want to quantize (or even warp) them to specific BPMs. You could use Fuse Audio Labs DrumsSSX, if you want to "demix" them further. How many files are you talking about? If it's just a few, batch functions are less important.

In Logic 10.5 or later, you can use Drum Machine Designer to chop up the audio into individual slices; like you could with Recycle. That way you are altering the silence in between hits using midi, rather than audio warping the entire loop. something like this:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
  5. alex921

alex921 Producer

SampleRobot 5, only thing I have came across where you don't need a DAW, but just the application. This helps for me, because I can sample my synths and then later on work with it in my DAW.