Software for automatic mastering?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Highdom, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

I've found lots of automatic online mastering tools, like emastered or masteringBox. My question is there are any plugin/software that can do the same but staying offline?

3. relexted

relexted Producer

I don't want to say it but you're looking for iZotope Ozone

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Maybe I'm too old school, but I can't recommend automatic mastering. If you need an almost professional mastering a skilled human is better and if you don't need one just mix as good as you can, make a break, mix it better and apply a limiter.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

Yeah man of course I have Ozone 8 with master assistant and it is pretty brilliant! But I was searching for something more radical. Googling i've found AAMS v3 auto mastering software...how about it? Have you known it before?

6. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

Perfectly in agree with you but I tested emastered and it sounds pretty cool compared to my old school strategy to put kind of soft comp + linear phase eq in my "small projects". I need something that seems professional to unexpert people (I ghost produce some pop artists LOL), like emastered does.
    If I have no chance I can mix boosting high and put comp + linea phase eq and maybe the inflator from oxford to correct the color...

7. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

These days the most radical thing you can do to master your music is hire an engineer who knows what they're doing. Just sayin.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Recoil

Recoil Guest

Ozone 8 can only guide you to the right direction, but the rest you have to do your self.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Check out Lurrsen. Not automatic, but super easy.

11. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

12. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Having high-end mastering HW and having spent years trying to learn the skills, this is sad reading.
    But I guess LANDR is what you are searching for, sadly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Do you mean Izotope Neutron? &/ trackspacer?

14. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

Tested, NICE AND QUICKLY, I hear that isn't a professional mastering but it solved my problems changing two knobs...
    So perfect, extremely recommended!
    Yeah, tested but when i mix... you know it's a kind of creative process...you won't find a tool for mixing in my opinion, I prefer use my ears.
    Yeah man, me too but with no good results compared to automatic or better, "manual" real mastering.
    I advice you to try Lurssen, it's really better that LANDR. Perheaps better that eMatered because its mastering are often too "high-boosted"

15. relexted

relexted Producer

My fingers still hurt from typing this

16. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Even though I'm on a Mac, I tried out AAMS and it's no more a magic box than anything else on this list. AAMS's whole kick is that it uses an LP graphic EQ and multiband compressor to "match" your mix to a pre-existing paradigm (i.e. - it has a built-in list of commercial tracks in .wav format from different genres, copies those parameters and applies them to your track). It's the same concept that these online mastering tools, and even Ozone 8/Neutron 2, use to "master" your music. The problem with all those is, if your track is mixed badly, it will automatically be mastered badly. It can't uncompress over-compressed drums, make your vocals louder, pan your guitars properly or pick a better reverb that you probably used too much of. A live mastering engineer would fare better ... but he or she still would only be able to do but so much to correct these problems. As for Lurrsen, that's a whole different problem. Unfortunately, Lurrsen himself isn't listening to your track and making adjustments to correct problems and mistakes, so the presets you get with the Mastering Console are just generic "best-case scenario" settings that might make your tracks a little louder and brighter. Plus, you have extremely limited control over how to adjust those processors.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I'm sorry for busting the bubble here, but wait for a while and listen to your software-generated, automatic master. Chances are that next year you'll realize that master wasn't up to what could've been done with some more effort. At least that has happened to me with my own testing of the Lurssen plugin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  18. Chris Wellz

Chris Wellz Kapellmeister

Hate to be that guy, but if you're looking for automatic mastering, you're basically looking for less than what the records deserve. It's like you raised a beautiful daughter, she's going on 18 now and it's prom night. You have the resources to get her the limo and a beautiful dress from Sherri Hill, but you said "Ehh, this Volkswagen and sundress I got from Burlington Coat Factory will do the job."

I mean, it will get the job done, but this is your daughter we're talking about. Your daughter means something to you, don't she? Treat your daughter well, my friend. Give her what she deserves. That's your baby.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. TDSTDSTDS

TDSTDSTDS Newbie

This thread is worthless without pics.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. thecastermaster

thecastermaster Ultrasonic

And this is why it's getting harder to find work...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  21. Chris Wellz

Chris Wellz Kapellmeister

Imagination my friend, imagination...