Software ask you what you want to install

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ryck, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Ryck

Ryck Guest

A few years ago, (like 5 or more) I had found a program that when you installed something, it would notify you of everything that was installed and the modifications. for instance Do you want program " X" to install " x" in program file? You want program "X" to modify the path blah blah. Does anyone know what this program is, I don't remember the name, or something similar.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Nobody knows?

4. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I don't recall anything, but Revo uninstaller at least tracks changes well and you can go through the log.

5. Quantised Noise

Quantised Noise Producer

ZoneAlarm at one point added a 'system protection' thingy that did stuff like that, it'd ask you to confirm every registry change, app install, etc. Maybe that's what you're thinking about, but I don't know if it still does, it's been borderline malware for ages.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  6. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

back in the day I remember Process Explorer was really good in that,
    and maybe Sandboxie?
    haven't been on Windows recently...

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  7. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

Hello Ryck, the software is made by IObit. Chek up theirs site, it's worth it and currently it's on sale 78% off. Some years ago you could get it for free I think but now there are a ton of improvements and up dates. You can manage everything on your system with it and it has an AI mode for those who don't know what they are doing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. clone

clone Audiosexual

Don't you pc users have a Sandbox type program that will show all of this information when it is installed in a virtual environment?

• List
  9. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Thanks to everyone for your replies.
    Now they have questioned me.
    I thought it was a "tool" but it may have been some kind of antivirus or anti-malware, etc. That you have had this additional option.
    I remember that I had to uninstall it because it drove me crazy wondering everything the system did.

Revo discovered it recently, it is an excellent tool in that it shows you the remaining records of the programs. I don't really know him as he is. But it would be something like this program, but let you know before installing the program.

• List
  10. Ryck

Ryck Guest

It could also be some program that only gives a list where each thing was installed, it would not be necessary for me to ask previously. What I would like is to know, when I install a program, where do I install each thing.

• List
  11. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

for that exact purpose I was using Sandboxie years back,
    another option is to get some disassembler and learn what the installer does, even without running it :yes:

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Interesting, if that's what I'm looking for. At least I now have a notion of where to go.

• List
  13. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

Well IObit's Advanced System Care is all of that you mentioned above. You open the program and you can load what you want to run at the moment Installer, uninstaller, updater, antivirus or anti-malware, speed up the system, vpn, optimization for SSD-HDD, RAM, GPU the whole system if you want to and a ton of other tools I can't write them all, I don't even remember all of them. The thing you are looking is there too. And yea it ask you for what you want to install where and why, registry keys, logs, permissions for what reasons what the program contains and where it will go and and and.... it will ask you everything and it is very annoying also, it can take hours to install a program after all that steps you must to take and of course you need to know what you are doing. Why would you need such thing?

14. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

@Peter Krav asks a good question: why do you want it?
    I used to extract many programs and go over the install info until i finally got sick of doing that. Even for vst installers i do not want to give time & effort to that.
    If we know why you want it there might be a better program ... Or we might change your mind about using any software for which you might need to have such a program. :winker:

15. Ryck

Ryck Guest

16. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

Sandboxie-plus might be what you're looking for. Makes it easy to get the resulting files from installation without modifying registry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Ryck

Ryck Guest

very interesting, it is similar to a virtual machine, like Virtual Box, but without installing an operating system. I'm going to investigate it. Thanks!