Softube Modular Out $75 intro price; Eventide Precision Time Align $30

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Cav Emp, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

• Like Like x 7
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

hehe yeah, Nice one Cav Emp. Cheers :)

4. lpu2n

lpu2n Producer

A Softube modular synth... Incredible.

Man, I keep telling myself I have enough synths to discover fully over the course of several musical lifetimes, yet still, when I see something like this, that dreaded gear-lust bubbles up to the surface. One can always dream... I can't afford much of anything non-essential right now. I'm sure it's great. I'd love to hear for myself how it stacks up to u-he's excellent offerings.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  5. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

WOW, Softube. Way to leave a first impression... Modular is a clunky fucking mess :/

Downloaded the demo, managed to launch it but crashed Cubase / Maschine repeatedly. Not even a can of Raid could kill the amount of bugs running in this thing. I know companies have to meet sale quotas but seriously, WTF? They should be ashamed of themselves. :dont:

This was going to be my first foray into purchasing software from Softube but no thanks. I’ll give my money to developers who actually take pride in what they do.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Million wires, one voice? Is it reaktor competitor?

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I saw a demo for this at Musikmesse.

Apparently the "official" virtual Eurorack seeing as they created it with Dieter Doepfer along with the dudes from Intellijel.
    Check out the crap touch screen. Way to NOT show off how well a touch screen could be implemented guys.

All that being said, it's not a bad start and future iterations + modules should ramp up the wow factor.

Reaktor still for the WIN.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  8. The control panel is a bonus. The $75 is the basic package with other modules to be priced from $30 and up. I want
    desperately to be a modular fanboy, but all those wires make me dizzy and it never works out well with my fried flawed, post anesthesia brain (after major surgery many moons ago lost most of my spacial problem solving abilities, it is fucking weird and a pain in the ass). I have tried, lord knows, I have tried and have demoed them all but to no avail. I can plug in a mic cable, a guitar cable as well as instrument cables, but damn, modular cables they gimme da shivers. Same thing with patch bay 101. And hey Cav, if you keep this up there could be a section entitled "The Cavalier Emporium". Thanks for the heads up on this one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

OMG this looks very interesting.

10. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

For a newborn, this makes a pretty nifty FX rack.
    I really hope they open it up for user created modules.
    The current structure is completely closed (minus the Performance Panel, I guess) but hell, there was no such thing as the App Store till we hacked the crap out of the iPhone, came up with Cydia and all it's tweaks and showed the developers what else their shit was capable of.

I know this is Softube and all but the thought of a user library is making me drool.

There's only one effect which is a simple delay but the routing potential allows for insane possibilities. I'm gonna go plug my guitar into this thing.

11. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

So they have six doepfer modules included, and various other modules as addons for payola. For 40 bucks apiece.
    Just when you think you've seen it all...
    I bet their first plan was to sell an empty virtual eurorack and charge for every single module.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

What would I miss if I only had Reaktor?
    The front panels?
    Their marketing somehow reminds me of Reason Rack Extensions, although this one's available in definitely much more useful plugin standards.

13. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

The trick is to be a frothing gear junkie

Subscribe to every music newsletter on planet earth and BOOM! You too can be dropping the big news on a forum of people with better things to do

14. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I was initially drawn to it by the excellent $75 price, but then I saw the additional modules at $40... so you get a modular with 5 Doepfer modules and then you can buy another 3 modules for $120 and this Heartbeat rhythm machine for $130. All together $325. Not so interesting after all since you can get u-he Bazille for $129! :wink: [edit: +ACE $69 + Dark Zebra $99=$300!]

I should give it a demo, though. If it's buggy as some of you said, I'll probably have to forget about it. :sad:

I couldn't buy it and live with the knowledge there are 4 other modules I don't feel like saving up for. $325 can buy a lot of interesting things these days [another laptop? another hardware FX? 2-3 great FX pedals?]. I'm not saying it isn't priced right, though. The price is just in the Softube ballpark. I was surprised by the $75 price tag at first. I knew there should be some "catch". :winker:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

bahaha so tahts folk how you construct a never ending source of cash.
    the first one doing this successful was refx with Nexus.

and well its ilok ... will passssss.

16. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

no dongle required, no problem (in my opinion)

17. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Somebody has been paying attention to the gaming industry :rofl: