Softube Console 1 without the "hardware"

Discussion in 'Software' started by justthankyah, Dec 22, 2015.

1. bergamot

bergamot Member

big tnx )))

2. KWASISHAKES

KWASISHAKES Newbie

hello sgiggity Can u please state the step by step process of loading console 1 9000 series. i dont seems to understand the ya process

3. justthankyah

justthankyah Kapellmeister

latley im on a rush... and don't have that much time to make some music.. but thanks for all the help guys!! i really appreciate

4. Jaycee3000

Jaycee3000 Member

hi for the people having trouble opening the app,
    first make sure you run the console one app on the desktop or from program files, then load the vst2 not vst3 in your daw, to see set track name, click & the console window will open, there is no set track name in vst3 you can switch to vst3 if needed once console window is open.

hope that helps.

5. sgiggity

sgiggity Ultrasonic

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO SWITCH BETWEEN 4000/9000RMS/9000PEAK

STEP 1) type the following command before loading the plugin depending on which console you want loaded

9000 console with peak compressor
    Code:
    COPY /Y "C:\Program Files\Softube\Plug-Ins VST AAX 64-bit\Resources\Console 1 Factory Presets\Factory Channel Strip\SSL XL 9000 K-Series Console\Default.c1preset" "%appdata%\Softube\Console 1\Presets\Channel Strip\Default.c1sections"
    9000 console with RMS compressor
    Code:
    COPY /Y "C:\Program Files\Softube\Plug-Ins VST AAX 64-bit\Resources\Console 1 Factory Presets\Factory Compressor\Console 1 SSL XL 9000 K-Series RMS Compressor\Default.c1preset" "%appdata%\Softube\Console 1\Presets\Channel Strip\Default.c1sections"
    4000 console
    Code:
    COPY /Y "C:\Program Files\Softube\Plug-Ins VST AAX 64-bit\Resources\Console 1 Factory Presets\Factory Channel Strip\SSL SL 4000 E-Series Console\Default.c1preset" "%appdata%\Softube\Console 1\Presets\Channel Strip\Default.c1sections"

BONUS STEP) use a hex editor to make custom Default.c1preset
    files so you can mix and match with the other softube comps and eqs available for console1

Only need to do that once, then you can save it as a preset in whatever format your daw uses for easy recall.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  6. mottell

mottell Ultrasonic

Thanks for the reply, but click on what exacly?

7. Jaycee3000

Jaycee3000 Member

if you load the vst2 you will see set track name when you click on set track name the console window will open but make sure you load the console one app first from the main install folder called console one on screen display,

8. mottell

mottell Ultrasonic

I use the vst2, but i don't see the "set track" button... this is how my plugin window look:

Attached Files:

9. KWASISHAKES

KWASISHAKES Newbie

PLEASE DO YOU MEAN WITH the (9000 console with peak compressor) should i copy the Default.c1preset FILE in the ( C:\Program Files\Softube\Plug-Ins VST
    AAX 64-bit\Resources\Console 1 Factory Presets\Factory Channel Strip\SSL XL 9000 K-Series Console) FOLDER INTO "%appdata%\Softube\Console 1\Presets\Channel
    Strip\Default.c1sections FOLDER

10. sgiggity

sgiggity Ultrasonic

which part of "TYPE THIS ONE SIMPLE COMMAND" was confusing? stop trolling please.

11. Jaycee3000

Jaycee3000 Member

i only get that attempting to connect to console 1 message when i have not run the on screen display app, make sure its running & you should see set track name & not that message anymore ?.

12. sgiggity

sgiggity Ultrasonic

your firewall is blocking connecting between your daw and console1 on-screen display

13. KWASISHAKES

KWASISHAKES Newbie

PLEASE WHERE SHOULD I TYPE THE COMMAND

14. Jaycee3000

Jaycee3000 Member

mate just rename the file default.c1preset to default.c1sections & paste it where he said. simples

15. mottell

mottell Ultrasonic

Oh, I though firewall was only to block the access between programs and the internet. But how is it possible to establish connection between FLStudio and the Console 1 on-screen display?

16. KWASISHAKES

KWASISHAKES Newbie

THANKS ALOT FOR YA HELP

17. sgiggity

sgiggity Ultrasonic

you can press windows key and paste it there, or you can open a command prompt window and paste it there. But I have a hard time believing you are a windows user and you don't know what 'type a command' means.

18. danx

danx Newbie

All works perfect,thanks.
    Not important but I tried to do the same with the rest of the presets (e.g. Drum Bus with parallel compressor) but the preset don't load.
    I moved the preset to the app data,etc... and rename it like stated and then tried to see the preset in the console but only appears the default 4000 E or XL 9000.
    Is this possible?

Regards

19. BowieInSpace

BowieInSpace Newbie

I'm interested in Sgiggity's technique, this might diverge a bit from the purpose of this thread but some people might find it useful.

I'm a Mac user and the Console 1 was not included in the openssh release, but I bought the hardware and it has been an awesome mixing tool so far. The path to the presets folder is "hd/applications/console 1 on screen display/contents/resources/console 1 factory presets." Here, I used sgiggity's technique and opened the preset files with a hexfiend and swapped out softube's different eq's and compressors. After loading the new preset files I had an error come up stating "compressor not found" or the same gist for eq's etc come up in yellow above the designated section I had edited.

It turns out in the folder "hd/library/application support/softube/ssx" all of the units capable of being used within the console 1 are housed - i.e "Console 1 SSL SL 4000 E-Series Compressor.ssx, Console 1 SSL SL 4000 E-Series Dynamic Shaper.ssx, Console 1 SSL SL 4000 E-Series Equalizer.ssx etc." These seem to authenticate with ilok, I tested two of the Abbey Road suite .ssx files and the error "no license in iLok found" came back. My question is in the AudioUTOPiA release for windows, were these .ssx files included? Might just be chasing my tail here.

Also for those of you having trouble connecting with the Console 1 On Screen Display, make sure you don't have a modified host file or if you do use a program like gasmask to swap out the original. I nearly lost my mind trying to figure out why the damn thing wouldn't connect.

20. Deny Nery

Deny Nery Noisemaker

Hi guys,my first post here,preset SSL9000 console 1,for Cubase users,put in documents/VST3 presets/Softube/console 1, only for Cubase users

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016

Attached Files: