Softube Console 1 without the "hardware"

Discussion in 'Software' started by justthankyah, Dec 22, 2015.

1. cheeseman909

cheeseman909 Ultrasonic

I also looking for the ability to have control to all parameters, but the contact at softube.com send me an email, that it possible
    to trigger many controls of their console1.
    Hmmm, but they don't told me if it is possible to control the track switch via midi.
    Sorry.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  2. justthankyah

justthankyah Kapellmeister

this got me thinking too... when i've first heard of this product i think they did some stuff inside the hardware ... but no ... is the controller for the console 1 software...

that's nice ! this is what i mean when i say "knowing oyur tools" .... lol ... experimenting every single possibility untill you learn something new..

i've tried to replicate the same process on your video but with no sucess inside studio one 3... did you use the vst 2? or

well to be honest i was able to trigger almost every parameter..the only one and one of the important ones.. the track switch but with no success ...

but i don't see a problem in that sinse im not using it with many tracks projects... and i enjoy the eq section soo much that i don't even care...

the filters (hp lp) plus eq is just amazing ... and if you combine the drive and charecter setting just gives a more analog vibe to your mixes...

im used to nebula to give that mojo... but this product is a one of a kind regarding quality / cpu usage and well tought... since i really like the layout of this tool...

check this video just to show what the drive can do to the sound.... that "movement" ...

3. bergamot

bergamot Member

I usedvst2 )butthis only worksinprotools,sequoia13isnot working

4. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

Report Quote [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12 Hours Ago
    We have put a lot of time (A LOT) into examining our options, and have dismissed anything HUI or Eucon. Bottom line: There are too many drawbacks and problems.

A question for anyone who requests this feature: Do we understand it correctly that it's more important to have the selected DAW track also select the corresponding Console 1track, than vice versa? So could you live without being able to select DAW track by using the Console 1 track selector buttons?

Thanks,
    Henrik

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  5. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

10 Hours Ago
    My Recordings/Credits
    I haven't been using my console 1 in a while for mainly two reasons:
    1) Having to select the track in console 1 manually instead of console 1 following the DAW track selection.
    2) Being left with an almost unusable plugin interface, if i'm working somewhere and don't have the hardware with me.

I read that Softube are working on "1)". What about "2)" (haven't been following the discussion for a while)?

Cheers,
    Tim
    [​IMG]

8 Hours Ago
    OK, thanks for your input. As always, I can't make any promises other than that we're taking the issue seriously and we're looking into what can be done.

Thanks,
    Henrik

[​IMG]
    Report Quote [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 Hours Ago
    My Recordings/Credits
    Quote:
    [​IMG]
    Originally Posted by Softube [​IMG]
    OK, thanks for your input. As always, I can't make any promises other than that we're taking the issue seriously and we're looking into what can be done.

Thanks,
    Henrik
    Thanks for your reply.

Regarding usability without the hardware, i think a 2x or 3x bigger interface for the current plug-in would already be a leap forward.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  6. justthankyah

Yep this approach don't work with studio one 3 too...

But im fine... just as i said before... the results that im getting with the plugin alone are just great... the eq really works soo well...

offcourse i would love to change tracks inside the daw... or map that to my midi controller... but at least i can map and trigger the eq section drive and character... it improve the time a lot ...

i can have good results much more fast than with a mouse and clicks...
    ok he is an experienced enginner.. but...he is fast not only with because the hardware i know... but...
    try to mix this fast with your mouse... lol

7. bergamot

bergamot Member

Softube aax 64 )))
    doingthe update from websiteandtheninstallagainthe releaseof audioutopia

downloadthe installerfrom the official siteSoftubehttp://www.softube.com/download.php

setonthe top of the releaseof utopia
    IMPORTANT:by default,there will be otherfolders forinstallation, be sureit iscorrect-VSTinthe folder where youinstalledthe Softube plug-insfrom utopiaandit'sinProgram files/common files/Avid/Plugins
    Inthepicturein whichshownwhatpluginsupdate-press OK
    DO NOT RUN!!!
    installed overreleasefrom utopia (inthe same folder )
    and everything works)))

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

• 222.jpg
      222.jpg
      File size:
      608.3 KB
      Views:
  8. danx

danx Newbie

Any idea about how to load the 9000k presets from Softube folder?

Btw Above suggestion didn't worked for me.
    All plugs asked for authorization.
    Went back to AudioUtopia's.

Correction,it works as stated..I forgot to re install AudioUtopia's.

Thanks for the tip

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  9. justthankyah

tks bergamot... i still on studio one 3 but is cool to see the possible ways to make it work...

i think that is another hadware only feature... don't remember the command to change to the 9000k console ...

if someone know how to do it... :hillbilly: care to share? lol

10. danx

danx Newbie

There should be a way..should be cc or nrpn to open the preset window..I'll try using midiox and report back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. justthankyah

good luck :hillbilly:

12. sgiggity

sgiggity Ultrasonic

Nice tip working AAX 64bit now with download installer, console one gui only appears for me if i open first in live and leave gui visible before starting pro tools. track follow works if you move the plugin to a different slot on the channel.

Still no way to load presets to use different compressors like you can do with the hardware, if anyone knows someone with the hardware willing to share presets using the different available comps/eqs that might be handy.

13. bergamot

bergamot Member

friends! anyone have a full set console1 please save 2-3 presets from the G 9000 format .fxp what would we be able to switch to a different console type) thank You in Advance

14. danx

danx Newbie

Tried all cc's and none works for open the preset window,nor change the track.
    Most of the Rpn and NRPN don't work neither (Need to continue to check).

15. KWASISHAKES

KWASISHAKES Newbie

friends! anyone have a full set console1 please save 2-3 presets from the G 9000 format .fxp what would we be able to switch to a different console type) thank You in Advance

You guys are doing a great job keep it up.I think hooking Console 1 up with NYRV Systems Agent and mapping to midi controller (Hardware)is really cool

16. Pudding Oreo

Pudding Oreo Newbie

Hi,

I have downloaded the Official 2.2.79. But PT12(audioutopia) shows that the plugins are not vaild 64 bit AAX plug-ins.

I cleaned PT12 and Softube and reinstalled them.

It still shows he plugins are not vaild 64 bit AAX plug-ins, even if I tried the Official version (not audioutopia verion)

Have I done anything wrong ?

17. justthankyah

normally after uninstall a plugin i run the ccleaner program... it cleans all the registry files that create "problems" ... try that run ccleaner on the reg menu and fix all the issues... and do a clean instal again...

18. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

Not true, I walked by and saw that PT12 was still dirty, take some soap and clean it up properly, you can't install it dirty on your system, you will get all kind of diseases, clean it up really good until you see your own reflection in it. You wouldn't have a tryst with a dirty man, would you? So the same applies to software, because software is alive too, otherwise it wouldn't work, would it? You see, that's why it is not working, if it's dirty it get infection and dies.

19. justthankyah

:hillbilly:i love my stuff clean and shinning

20. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

Johnny also loves shinning, that's why you should never stay too long in his bathroom or he might come breaking in to wash his hands.