Softube Console 1 - British Class A with AudioUTOPiA compability question

Discussion in 'Software' started by mottell, Aug 16, 2016.

1. mottell

mottell Ultrasonic

Dear forum, I've been using the Softube Console 1 for quite a while and absolutely love it.

However - as the title suggests - I would also love to try Softube's approach to the Neve console (The British Class A). But I'm using AudioUTOPiA's Console 1. So my question is, will it be possible to buy the British Class A "expansion" and be able to run it in AudioUTOPiA's Console 1?

My main concern is that i don't know anything about the installation procedure which might lead into some compability issues. Maybe some of you guys have experience?

3. DKB

DKB Producer

When I installed my legit softtube bundle it wiped out all the patched versions I had installed on my Mac . With the softtube plugs you have to activate them with either a ilok or ilok license manager . Soft tube are lazy and give you the installer for all the plugins and you need to pick the ones you have licenses for but beware if you use console one a lot you will lose it if you install the legit . Ive never tried to install the patched version after the legit that may work but I doubt it .

4. mottell

mottell Ultrasonic

Oh. I have both the UTOPiA version and the legit version on my PC, and i can freely choose between them.
    When you select a channelstrip inside the legit version you get a "buy now" message beside British Class A, and you don't have that option inside UTOPiA's verison, which also seems like a problem since i prefer using the UTOPiA version.

5. mottell

mottell Ultrasonic

If anyone else out there is interested in doing the same, I can say that it is actully working (At least with the demo). Instead of loading the channel strip you load a preset in the British Class A subfolder called "Vintage Master", that loads up every British Class A component.
    And I have to say it sounds amazing!

6. bigidibo

bigidibo Newbie

Hi mottell,

I'm interested very much. Tell us more how did it..?

7. Jaycee3000

Jaycee3000 Member

2nd that, mottell any chance on a follow up on how you performed that ? Are you loading class a up in Utopias version?

8. coolissimo

coolissimo Member

Well, the question is : "Where do you find the Vintage Master preset?". ive installed the "british class a" demo but i cant find its presets nowhere..
    im on PC , Win 7.

9. mottell

mottell Ultrasonic

I noticed that it will load the preset with AudioUTOPiA's verison, but since that version doesn't support the British Class A model. It will load the preset in the SSL model. After closer comparison i found out that loading the preset in UTOPiA version wouldn't load the color and saturation of the Britsh Class A console (which makes sense ).
    But i found the preset under "AppData/Roaming/Softube/Console 1/presets/Channel Strip".
    However i ended up buying the British Class A model from softube. Which means that i can now use the SSL 4000 and British Class A along with all the other plugins from UTOPiA's Softube bundle in the legal Console 1 which is very handy.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. coolissimo

coolissimo Member

ok thanks ;)

11. mottell

mottell Ultrasonic

However, I'm now selling the British Class A license since I'm not using it enough. So if some of you enjoy the British Class A and want a great deal, feel free to hit me up :)

12. Guido Stoner

Guido Stoner Newbie

If I buy Console 1 hardware can I use/load the Softube plugins by AudioUtipia?

13. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

uh... I'm not finding Console1...help?