Softube Bundle: Every single plugin crashs my DAW [Win10/Ableton Live 10]

Discussion in 'PC' started by cheeseman909, May 13, 2018.

1. jonmoi

jonmoi Noisemaker

Hi All

I'm using Win 10 Pro,fully updated with Reaper. Have just tested all my Logic Solid State, Softube and SoundToys plugins and I can't get the DAW to crash. The Softube are the Audioutopia ones

Am I just lucky!!!!

2. Loland

Loland Member

if you have all original, commercial files and no cracked shit, try to install gobbler, make an gobbler account, login after install, look for any softube plugins to install or update on ur license and let gobbler on in the backround.
    now after all plugins installed, go to your live 10 user folder : C:\Users\......\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 10\Preferences and delete the Preferences.cfg file.
    now start live 10 as admin ( with gobbler on in the backround !!!) and let live 10 rescan ur preferred vst plugin path ;)

3. cheeseman909

cheeseman909 Ultrasonic

I installed SoundToys and for every project, I you have to open one plugin from SoundToys. Then Softube runs perfect!

4. Stevey Ellul Bonici

Stevey Ellul Bonici Newbie

Hi There, For those who are having trouble with Softube plugins freezing ableton, after much fighting with this, I tried to launch the ILOK licence manager and it said that there was a .dll file that was missing. reinstalling the ILOK licence manager fixed the problem for me. the app plays an important role in the functioning of the plugins. Hope this helps. ( I am using live 9.7.7)

5. valenzuela

valenzuela Newbie

I installed in vst3 format and the problem was solved. Try it!

6. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

my advice don't install the pirated version. Wait for something better. Jbridge and stuff like that should not be necessary if it's cracked properly and include 64 bit plugins versions

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

why win10?

8. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

thunderbolt

9. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

10. Always Grateful

Always Grateful Kapellmeister

Works like a dream in MIxcraft Studio, everything works great in MIxcraft.

11. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. WhiteMidnightProductions

WhiteMidnightProductions Ultrasonic

I know this thread is dead but I decided to revive it to give some advice and input.
    Okay so the Soundtoys method works but I'd like to have an update on the situation. Someone mentioned reinstalling the iLok manager. I'm running a fully cracked rig. Will that work? Has anyone else tried it? I'm willing to be a Guinea Pig and report back if someone is interested. Also, don't you guys think we should make another request for the updated Softube bundle?

P.S. With Ableton, I get two types of crashes. The hangup crash and the official error window crash. Any plugin that gives me a hangup crash is usually fixed through bridging. Only one of these have not worked after bridging so far. Softube (and some very specific plugins, namely some of the McDSP stuff) however gets me an error window and the Soundtoys trick has mitigated that. This Soundtoys method also works when using BlueCat's Patchwork and it even works in conjunction outside of it so you could load a Soundtoys plugin either in or out of Patchwork and Softube plugins would work in either environment. Now I'm not sure how your DAWs give input when met with troublesome plugins so I thought I'd shed some light on what I've learned as I'm in the middle of setting up a new rig and literally used to use the Windows 8 compatibility mode method on my old Windows 10 rig. Cheers.

13. moneymichaels

moneymichaels Noisemaker

Yes, for Studio One, Cubase, Abelton you must run the DAW in compatibility mode (Windows 8). I do this for Studio One and both the Softube and SSL bundle work just fine. No downside to running in compatibility mode. Of course these plug-ins work perfectly in Reaper with no issues whatsoever, but that's really no surprise.

14. WhiteMidnightProductions

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I believe that. I'll have to do some research. Also someone mentioned that it slows down some specific plugins, DAW loading times and other things. No thanks. I'll stick to the soundtoys method. I can just disable the plugin after anyway. I am however a big fan of Reaper but only when I need to do a mix and I'm done doing composition and arranging. If I start a project in Ableton or Studio One, lately I tend to keep it there and complete the mix there. If I'm working on something where I really need a fresh space to actually mix the song, I bounce the stems to Reaper.

15. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

it works it used to crash for me.
    open ableton, remove vst folder, close, open again in win 8 mode, bring back vst folder, close. open again

softube should not be crashing after. this worked for me

all kush plugins working this way too

16. WhiteMidnightProductions

Oh holy (curseword). Will check this method out.

17. mrwatson

mrwatson Noisemaker

Actually, some plugins that rely on hardware ID no longer work if you run the software in 8.1 compatibility mode. So there are downsides.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. MidYop

MidYop Noisemaker

If you really want to use Softube in Windows 10 newest update then just use BlueCat's PatchWork inside Ableton as an effect/channel rack.

19. WhiteMidnightProductions

This still crashes for me

20. moneymichaels

moneymichaels Noisemaker

I've been doing it for almost a year now, and I've never had any problem whatsoever. Using compatibility mode doesn't change your hardware ID.