Softube -50% until July 16th

Discussion in 'Software News' started by MARJU GRLYO, Jun 5, 2013.

1. MARJU GRLYO

MARJU GRLYO Noisemaker

They finally did it !

Is it the end of the -10% on 300 Euros plugins they used to "offer" ??? :rofl:

This time it's half price on EVERYTHING !

That's a good news because they have some interesting stuff.

I'll personally go for ToneLux and maybe the TSAR-1R or Trident...

Enjoy, buy stuff, and hope that's not the last time they give us 50% :wink:

Thanks Softube ! :mates:

CLICK HERE FOR SOFTUBE HALF PRICE OFFER UNTIL JULY 16TH

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

its basically because of the iLok dongle. nobody really loves it - even people who love to buy their audio stuff legally hating iLok keys. so they have to give discounts to sell anything.
    to be honest when you are ont he road (train or whatever) the dongles are the most stupid thing invented, because itll eat battery and its not easy to handle. i hope one day - audio companies will realize that.

not to mention the computer resources you lose thru any dongles - because called quite often. :snuffy:

better go with something like Camel Audio did or WAVES. :wink:
    or even FLUX is doing good with their latest demos.
    i would considering buying their Tube-Tech CL 1B, but with dongle :bleh:
    and the price is still taff.

EDIT: forgot to mention you also pay for the companies protection with 20-25€ for an iLok key :rofl:

4. virusg

virusg Rock Star

if they add another -50% damn ill buy them all plugins :rofl:

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

still have to buy an ilok dongle, unless you already have one?

6. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

don't forget the REs of Reason too http://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=summer+sale

7. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

You've said it all perfectly, ArticStorm, mate. :)

I'm just not going to buy anything "dongled". Period. It's a freaking plugin, or two, or three... but not the end of the world. There are alternatives, and they are pretty good. If I had to choose, I will always choose simple serial number protected plugins. PSP tried going dongle, but quickly realised that it was not such a good idea, and came back quickly to serial number protected only, for example.

In the end, it is just a matter of convenience, and loads of people just like to install and put in the serial number to use the plugin they *bought* ffs. Not going through pain upon pain upon pain of registering online and whatnot. It's just PITA. I'm an artist, not a fucking cyberbot, damn it. ;) And people use hundreds of plugins. Imagine if each one of them was protected in the same way??? To make your DAW work on a newly bought computer, with new OS, you have to spend hours upon hours of just registering them. Horrrible!!! Horror! Cretinism! utter idiocy and complete crap! At one time, I bought some IK plugins, and I was just appalled at the torture I had to go through to register them. NEVER AGAIN. And money spent for shit. It certainly taught me a lesson or dozen. Don't ever buy IK Multimedia plugins! They're going to make you bleeeeeeeeeed until you'll be able to use them. And frankly, I realised they're not worth it, in the end. Sad, huh? I should have given that few hundred quid to some charity for poor, damn idiot. I will NEVER get over it.

And I'm absolutely stumped at why they don't realise that?? They all behave as if their plugins are the only plugins people will install. :( Actually, a lot of programs behave like that. I avoid them like a plague. You install a little proggie, and it makes 5 different shortcuts, a 10k key in the registry, and a backup of the whole install. Foooook that! Programmers are insane people, I tell you. :)

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

:rofl: i know - not going to say anything more to that.
    i hope more people wont give a ° about reason. :bleh:
    i hope they become the same MOTU is now ---> they had to crawl back to the "underground" and ask wih an easy protection to get cracked. :dancing:

@SineWAVE - i heard quite a lot of complains from some active producers with lots of dongled stuff.
    and imagine when you lose that iLOK key somewhere - a friend lost one - was funny to get all the keys back and he couldnt work for 1 week.
    then imagine when you iLok, anything wibu, elicenser - the number of usb places wont be enough.
    then i heard from people had problems to keep 2 dongles in their usbs - because this was just not working with their computer - the usb hubs where to close to each other. :wink:

and and ...

9. MARJU GRLYO

MARJU GRLYO Noisemaker

Haha yes you are all true !

I personally already got an iLok (I had it for free with a software, can't remember which one...) so 50$ for a plugin I use sometimes/often (Cracked so far) it's affordable...

To me, as long as I love using a plugin, and it's part of my main gear, I don't care how it's protected... But you're right, dongles are boring ! (Use it on an iMac so far, but I'll be screwed if one day I buy a laptop ! Which I'd like)

But I was just forwarding the news ! Maybe I gave too much of my point of view... :rofl:

10. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

sure all its all OK - we just like to talk about dongles :rofl:
    yeah this sentence made me write my essay! :dancing:

11. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

It remembers me a guy on KVR who heated the whole forum.
    He got ReFX Nexus with some expansions on an dongle...and lost it.

ReFX didn't wanted to give him another license. He simply lost several hundreds dollars in the wind because according to agreements, you can't resale and can't get another license back.
    The funniest could be someone just thought it was a "simple" USB key :rofl:

12. fraggle83

fraggle83 Member

@Articstorm

+1 (to your first post) :wink:

BTW, who said that an iLok key costs 20-25€ ? Here's a quote from the Softube site itself ...