Soe demos i have been working on

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by kearnsy, Jun 16, 2011.

1. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Hi folks, heres a few ideas i have been working on at the moment

Id be interested to hear you views

Kit used is, acid pro, refx nexus, trillian bass module, & various vst synths & fx, ive forgot to tell you the truth :dancing:

http://www.youtube.com/user/kearnsy74#p/a/u/0/qurr80bCf1c ......this song is called War

http://www.youtube.com/user/kearnsy74#p/a/u/2/knnHedw49kc ...... This is called Resistance

http://www.youtube.com/user/kearnsy74#p/u/3/UIjuxwhYAk0 ...... this is called The test

http://www.youtube.com/user/kearnsy74#p/u/4/OpUPCPNC3ts ....This is called Egypt

Try and listen to the in 720p if you can they sound better i think

my influences are pretty much everything, but especialy 80s/indie/rock/ambiant

Cheers, look forward to your responses

3. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Hi,

I really like your songs. :wink:
    Especially "The test" has real hit potential... if you could make the refrain a bit more catchy.

If you would like us to comment in detail, it would be good if you could decide on one track.
    Also, you could upload the songs on soundcloud or box, there is no video included expect one, anyway. That would mean better sound quality and faster loading times at the same time.

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Hmm... the music i think is quite well done, the vocal melody are a bit confined for my taste, mostly sung along the chord progressions and a bit monotone as they don't stray too much up or down. i like the songs overall tho, and could tell without even looking your a liverpudlian.

I'm from Wigan meself, living in Florida now.

I did want to ask what audio\video editing apps u use to make ur vids, Ive been using Live 8 to sync my video to my audio but my processor doesnt seem to like it.. and all the Video editing apps ive tried seemed a bit cumbersome.

5. JackVeleno

JackVeleno Newbie

Nice ideas...
    You have your own style, (I think) on the midway between pop and he pop, with a deep taste of 80's.
    I like it

:mates:

6. ionutz

ionutz Newbie

Did you record the vocals yourself?

7. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

A few people have said that about the test, its the first version, so im still sort of playing about with it at the moment seeing what works and what doesnt

Cheers for comments, ill have a look at soundcloud as well

8. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Heh heh yeah monotone, you hit the nail on the head there, maybe i listen to too much stone roses and happy mondays, ive never really noticed the scouse coming though until you mentioned it, the mrs agrees with you though

I use soundforge and acid pro for the audio side of things, and for video, i use sony vegas only because i familiar vith soundforge and acid, as vegas is basically those applications but in video form, so it seemed a lot easier for me to pick up

For video editing, its advisable to have the best processor, graphics card, and ram you can afford, as it can be quite cpu heavy if you start adding effects and things like that

Thanks for the comments though bud

9. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Thanks man, much appreciated

10. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

I did, it was a bit of a rough take on a shure sm58, as i just wanted to get the idea down so to speak

I played round with the waves plug ins and eq until i was half happy with it

I plan to record and finish the tracks off towards the end of the year once ive got enough tracks i like

11. Calcatian

Calcatian Newbie

really likes resistance and the test :wink:

12. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

War and Resistance are my favourites. The only think a bit weird for my taste is about your voice on Resistance... too low and as if you had a cold.
    I really like your sounds choice. Resistance's melody has a great emotional force that I hope you will push even further *yes*...
    If an album comes out, I will buy it.
    Great work.
    Congrats.
    :wink:

13. FishMixx

FishMixx Newbie

hi listening to your song "War" your voice really reminds me of someone possibly the singer from ShriekBack a band I used to really like. I like your track and I will come back and listen to the others, the reason I like it is because its a little different from the electronic music I usually listen to
    Cheers :wink:
    FM

PS I will post one of mine later and you can have a listen

14. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Cheers man, i'll check them out