So... what plugins did you all get?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cav Emp, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Knowing the bunch of itching twitching plugin junkies you all are (but definitely, absolutely not at all me :no:) I'm sure everyone has already picked a Black Friday deal. What'd you get?

Me, I went for Diva. Looks like Cubase 9 will have to wait. Couldn't pass it up. Sadly, I won't be able to capitalize on my 30% Black Friday discount at u-he since I really can't buy anything else at the moment. I'm happy with it though. I've been needing a good-sounding synth for more conventional sound design, as opposed to Serum and Harmor for glitch hop style basses.

3. Aliens

Aliens Guest

No plugins for me, but I did pick up the Studio One v2 producer to V3 professional upgrade from JRR Shop for $85 ($100 - $15 checkout auto coupon), which worked out at NZ$126, a saving of $38 kiwi from the official $164.50 converted presonus sale price.

4. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

I havent bought anything - I just woke up. Where is my money now?:rofl::mates:

5. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

i was hoping to get the Replika > Replika XT upgrade for cheap, but this year NI aren't discounting upgrades.
    so far i haven't bought anything!

6. wonderchild

wonderchild Member

I bought some drums. I went to That Sound and picked up 4 of their libraries, very happy with it.

7. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

@Cav Emp

ME TOO mate!

Grabbed Diva... been wantin that for awhile now, and couldn't believe they actually had a sale.

Also grabbed TuCo... I was very happy with it's performance and vibe over the passed couple weeks.

8. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

Ordered a TC Mini Booster, strap and some strings. Rather spend my money on useful things instead of the same old plugins with pretty new GUIs.

9. A3C

A3C Kapellmeister

I got the Eventide Anthology Bundle. I already owned Ultrachannel and H3000, so I bought precision time align for 24$, Ottavox for 49$ and upgraded to the anthology bundle using the "four plugins upgrade offer" at 99$. The day after my purchase Eventide decided to include Blackhole as part of the offer, so I could have spend 49$ less. 175$ for the whole bundle is still a bargain, as it would regularly be 1195$.

10. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

im not seeing anything about blackhole being part of anthology x. but i do see it on its own separate sale.
    but i like your stepped money saving approach. very devious!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  11. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Ibanez TS808 Tubescreamer pedal, modded by Analogman. Yes, actual hardware (sounds awesome!). No plugins.
    Otherwise I'm having a White Friday. Or Grey Friday (weather-wise). The green pedal makes up for it though.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Great choice Cav Emp ! Diva rocks...I might go for repro 1 before the 6th of december...
    Other than that I went for metric halo bundle, I use their products a lot, I was starting to feel bad and since the bundle goes for 249 instead of 699 right now, I had to settle that...
    I wanted eventide anthology, it's a fair price and I also use those, but I'm a bit short, so I hope there will be a deal at christmas !
    Nice black friday !

13. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

Soundtoys 5 for me.
    Price : 219$

14. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

I jumped on the $125 sale and got Diva. Also, I grabbed the whole Addictive Keys collection through Best Service for $101. Bought the Eris Kontakt library, as well. Aaand now I'm broke!

15. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Sugar Bytes Factory @ <drums roll> $99,00!!! WOW.
    I suppose I'm the only guy on Earth to have bought it at this price.​

Don't envy me, please. :crazy:

16. Gnib

Gnib Producer

Vocalizer Pro and i`m still in doubt about Soundtoys5 which I can get get for $125.

Strange things these deals. I remember Sylenth was cheaper without any discount when I bought it. Surfer Radix Boogie EQ was free, as was Eventide`s Ultrachannel and Stereo Room. Sugarbytes also has offered bigger discounts last summer.....

Well, I did go for the Soundtoys 5. Great deal but my budget is short for any X-mass deals now.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  17. Jack On

Jack On Noisemaker

Diva for 125 $ and U-he Repo-1 for 69 $ , Urs did put out a New Version of the Beta yesterday (now 400 Presets) , it sounds f#cking awesome !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Ultram

Ultram Kapellmeister

Wow thats some deal I'm demoing it at the moment, I only currently own Blackhole.

19. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I bought the Pro Tools All Star Sessions from the Loop Loft for $47. I'm yet to download it, and UAD Vertigo VSM-3 with a coupon plus the discount for $49.

20. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

No plugin for me but I bought an E-MU 1212M from ebay.

21. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Nice. I have a couple of their plugins that just never really found their way into my workflow but I do think Halo Verb is under appreciated. I use that sometimes to pretty good effect. You couldn't have known this, but given all the shit we've exchanged I would have gladly transferred the Transient/DeEsser/Character bundle to you for just the ilok fee. I recall the upgrade price they offered me was ridiculous, like under $100

Side note, I'm glad so many bought u-he. He said he wouldn't be doing this again unless it was a smashing success. So hopefully it is because, fuck man, is it really so bad to give people a few bucks off now and then? Really...