So I have this one seemingly ''unsolvable and annoying'' issue with windows 10

Discussion in 'PC' started by DJSabreblade, Nov 5, 2016.

1. DJSabreblade

DJSabreblade Ultrasonic

Alright I think I MAY have figured it all out now

Things I did (not necessarily in order)

1.) Uninstall old outdated 2015 K-Lite codec pack and install newest version
    2.)If you have motherboard ASUS Z-97A motherboard (like me) update bios to 11/11/15 (im pretty sure this is what did it but just in case i put the other things up)
    3.)Update ALL ASUS driver/softwares

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  2. DJSabreblade

DJSabreblade Ultrasonic

bump for possible fix

3. danfuerthdan

danfuerthdan Newbie

The update service is in Computer Management/ Services
    Right click my computer/ click Manage click on services and go to the bottom "Windows updates" right click it and properties and set that crap to disable.

There are least 20 services that are useless in windows 10.
    Be careful though as Windows Store needs the Firewall Service running ( which relies on the Base Filtering Engine service to be running)

The windows store is a joke as now you are forced to use it to install your applications which means no more self standalone installers which is very dumb and stupid.

Companies like Netflix are the problem as they are part of the problem, by making their app available only on the Windows store. So you can not download an installer and install it the normal way for the last 20 years!!!.

Fuck all Windows Store Apps, I require an installer not some dumb ass Online store shit.
    Boycott all those Applications!!

Hard to believe my own prediction from 10 years ago!!
    We are heading back to the 1970's with dumb terminals ( applications run on the servers)
    Having the applications reside on the server side means more control of those applications for the Software Corporations.

By 2023( around there) many Applications like Adobe, Avid, Corel and many others will be online store only ( no more standalone installers)

Best backup the installers you can as we are regressing in applications not really going forward.
    Applications for Windows for example should follow the OSX mandatory everything must come with the application ( inside the app). That is why installing applications on OSX is drag and drop.
    Apple is already there, Microsoft will follow the "all installers online only" as well.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  4. DJSabreblade

DJSabreblade Ultrasonic

Lol yeah. I know, I actually installed windows 98 se on virtual box last night, :P just totally sick of new technology (also new games are total shit) ie; infinite warfare (infinite bullshit) lol no creativity anymore, we need to get back to basics. server/cloud shit is just that, shit.

Edit/Ps : Half-Life on windows 98, try it! feel the nostalgia. there is just something about playing it on Win98. XP+ OS's don't have the same feeling in my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016