so far away , pop rock - feedback requested , thanks !

Discussion in 'Music' started by akashaman, Apr 5, 2017.

1. akashaman

akashaman Guest

hey all :

this is probably a bit different than most music played , heard here , but i would love to get some feedback on the mix , recording , song etc :
    really appreciate it , just getting back into recording after a 5 yr dry spell.

thanks all :

track --- >

video ---- >

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

The vocals seems a bit loud, and not well seated in the mix, to me ?!?
    The Bass lack some strength...

I Like the song, but not the way it was mixed.

Thanks for sharing :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. akashaman

akashaman Guest

Duly noted !!
    Thanks for checking it out and the feedback !

5. Jay Weed

Jay Weed Ultrasonic

I think the stutter effect is over used and would have more impact if it were used sparingly like only during an intro or during a break or at the end of a song.

I agree on the vocals being too loud at the start of the song mostly. You seem to lack a lot of lower bass tones in this song which might can serve to emphasize a transition as well.

6. akashaman

akashaman Guest

thanks for the tips !
    )

7. TW

TW Guest

i like the song... :like:

yeah vocals are abit loud and dominant. They could sit better in the mix.

the stutter left and they keys right Sound cool. I would maybe laudness automate them.
    So they are used more sparingly. So if they play they give that extra cool surprisingng thing.

8. akashaman

akashaman Guest

awesome ! TY
    gonna do some remixing on this , this weekend ; and adjust it some using all your ideas !
    thanks again all.

{ i thought for sure someone was gonna say the DRUMS were too loud , LOL
    as they seem to me borderline ... ]

incidentally , the "stutter" effect is actually Tremelo , and its all guitar , hehe
    i don`t hear it much ?!

9. chris030

chris030 Noisemaker

the vocals are not too loud !!
    The mix is quite nice actually, i like the panning. The drum room is a bit too much (esp. on kick) and muddy, the lower frequencies need some attention too. The main problem for me is the performance, to be honest. The potential is there, but the vocals sound a bit uninspired and lifeless at times, not in time too. For me, the song lacks overall groove...its just not there yet, but you can do it, i can hear it ! :) Maybe try a few bpm faster, too ?
    This thing should be fun to mix. Have you tried parallel/split processing on the individual tracks ? There are lots of possibilities...good luck ! :)

10. akashaman

akashaman Guest

i know ! the vocals are so lazy , ha-- i re recorded it a few times trying to get it more up.
    and it prob has a lot to do with tempo , i was thinking i wanted it 5-10 BPMs faster , but i have so many tracks ; ha
    i will check in cubase and see if i can bump the audio up some without too many artifacts ? :
    good tips , appreciate the listen ! & feedback