SNPIDer - handle SNPIDs on Mac !

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Fred Bloggs, May 4, 2020.

1. spncart

spncart Producer

Has anyone found a working version of Kontakt 5.6.0 standalone for M1/Big Sur? Most of the librairies won't show later in Kontakt 6 in Ableton.

2. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs Platinum Record

You'll probably need to look at the post by Kitty on the sister site for that :wink:

3. spncart

spncart Producer

Didn't find any "post by Kitty" on sister site which has 100'000'000 posts. Please be more specific appreciated thanks :)

4. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

I just posted on the other thread, now I see that here is the same discussion.
    Look for this name there:
    [FREE] Kontakt Library Scripts [KiTTY]

5. spncart

spncart Producer

Thank you so much bro! Solved with KiTTY's tool indeed! <3

6. James Santiago

James Santiago Newbie

Worked beautifully!

7. Woody Pak

Woody Pak Newbie

Fred, thank you so much for your apps - SNPIDer and NICNT maker! On my Sierra Mac Pro, SNPIDer 3.41 always crashes and V 4.0-4.1 won't open - the computer says they are corrupted and to trash them. I try to start them by pressing "control" and clicking but no luck. Any reason for this? One my 2019 MBP Catalina, everything opens fine. Thanks in advance! Keep up the great development work!

W

[

QUOTE="Fred Bloggs, post: 473940, member: 6400"]Hi People.

This software is a general Kontakt SNPID debugger for Mac OSX El Capitan and later - and maybe earlier as well, I just haven't checked !

You'll find lots of information in the Read Me file included in the download.

Get SNPIDer V3.4.1 here :
    https://workupload.com/file/EfcMcy2RVB5

Get the all new version 4.0.1 here :
    https://workupload.com/file/37nm6sgjbNR

Get version 4.1.0 here :
    https://workupload.com/file/uBSNfMPZrCj

added systematic checking of all the XML files in the Service Center folder before parsing their content. On the one hand it should prevent crashing if there is a seriously corrupt XML file in there and on the other, it lists the corrupt files if there are any, and tries to give you pointers on where you should be looking, to fix your file.

Have fun.[/QUOTE]

8. Fred Bloggs

You are very welcome for the apps. It's comments like yours that inspire me to give them away. I don't earn anything, but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :wink::wink::)
    Your problem is due to your Mac and system and not to my software. This has been talked about in this thread somewhere, but the problem is well documented on internet and there are solutions. Try googleing it. My first hit turned this up, but there are many, many more articles on this known MacOS problem.
    https://osxdaily.com/2019/10/24/fix-install-macos-application-damaged-cant-be-used-error-mac/

9. dpattee

dpattee Newbie

Very useful, thank you!

10. Fred Bloggs

You're very welcome :wink:

11. Andreaux

Andreaux Newbie

Hello there,
    I ran into an issue. Fresh user here.
    When I run SNPIDer it seems like it does its thing, but there's no actual output. No saved file, nothing visible. No crash, no error message to my knowledge. What am I missing?
    macOS 10.14.6

12. Fred Bloggs

Not much to go on in your description. :dunno:
    What "thing" does it seem like it's doing ? Do you get an initial screen with options ? Do you choose options ? What options ? Do you get progress bars (2, one after the other) ? Do you get a proposal to dig deeper ?
    I know for a fact it runs on OS10.14. I'm actually running it on Montery OS12.1 and it still works fine (for now). It may not be compatible with the next system version, but we're not there yet ! :wink:

13. Andreaux

Andreaux Newbie

Yes, I get the menu but from there on, whatever I choose, it just seems like it's doing the collection, the progress bar is going through, but actually no file is created. Sorry if I was a bit vague there. I have no idea why not. No error message.

14. Fred Bloggs

Well, try as I may, I just can't reproduce your problem :dunno:
    I have found a bug however, which I may (or may not !) correct and which sort of recreates what your're getting, but crashes the app at the end ! If you 'Choose the repors with the checkboxes below" and then dont check any checkboxes, it still produces a file on the desktop, but it's empty and leaves SNPIDer hanging when TextEdit tries to open it! Yes ! I recognise that this is a stupid bug that may be easily fixed but then again why would anyone choose specific report and then not choose any ?! Whatever, bug or not, the app always produces a file on the desktop called something like "User library SNPIDs - 18 November 2021 - 2hrs 36mns 37secs", depending on the date and time.
    I don't know if anyone else can reproduce your problem, but I'm afraid I"m stumped :sad:. The app works for me on every system I've trsted it on, and that's starting to go back some way now.

15. spncart

spncart Producer

No offense but Kitty's Kontakt Library Script has been flawless since I switched to it (Big Sur and now Monterey).

Really quick (2 seconds) and never fails, no conflicts with numbers, no bugs/crashes, etc. just load wallpaper.png from Audiosex thread if missing and boom => added in all Kontakt instances.

But I appreciate your effort though :)

16. Fred Bloggs

Yup… couldn't take offence for that ! You're comparing chalk and cheese !! This is not at all what SNPIDer is for ! It produces a status report on your libraries for debugging purposes.

17. Andreaux

Andreaux Newbie

I'd love to help you figure out what's happening. I haven't run into the bug you were describing, but whatever I choose, the same thing is happening... I get a progress bar saying it's checking for corrupt XML files, that goes all the way, nothing special happens. Then I get another progress bar that says it's now checking 160 files in my Service Center folder and also goes all the way. No message, nothing. Then it just exits and I'm in the Finder like before I launched SNPIDer, no TextEdit is opening, no new files on the Desktop.

18. Fred Bloggs

I've tried again on 10.14 and I still can't reproduce your problem. The only other (unlikely) thing I could think of is that you have authorisation problems on your desktop folder. A s far as I can tell, the App is not the problem.
    I did a complete re-write of SNPIDer and NICNTmaker, combining them into one app in a completely different programming language. I dropped the development as I also wanted to include a utility for reordering libraries in Kontakt 6. I let it drop as I cannot find the information I need on how Kontakt stores the order ! The rest seemed to work fine ! Perhaps I should remove the library reordering part and put the rest out to the community… mmmmm… :dunno:

19. Andreaux

Andreaux Newbie

What would that authorisation problem be? How to check for that? Everything that tries to can create files on my Desktop be it scripts or Applications. What should I try?

20. Fred Bloggs

Well it would be the usual way to check authorisations on a folder… "Get Info" on your Desktop" folder in your user account, but from what yo say, that's probably not your issue here…