SNPIDer - handle SNPIDs on Mac !

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Fred Bloggs, May 4, 2020.

1. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Fair enough. I get that a lot :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

It works! It works! Thanks! :D

3. TheKraken

TheKraken Newbie

Hi, thanks for making the app! I have an issue with Mojave. The app runs and asks what you want to do, but whatever I choose it just shuts down 2 seconds later. 10.14.6. Same with V3.3 and 3.4.1 Anyone else got it working ok in Mojave?

4. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

...just downloaded 3.41 (Mojave). Er... the app closes as soon as I go thru the choosing items in the splash screens. That... shouldn't be... should it?
    Gave all permissions when asked...

its not one of those things I have to read the directions on... is it? (heh-heh)

5. TheKraken

TheKraken Newbie

There's nothing in the readme that helps with this - but there *is* help in these forums if you have the time to read *every* post - I missed it first time speed reading as it looked like a post that was talking about windows!

Perhaps (a better worded version of) this info could be added to the readme?

If there is an .xml file in service centre that snpider thinks is corrupted, then the app will crash and disappear without doing anything. So if you are getting that problem, try taking out all the .xml files from *Your HDD name*/ Library/Application Support/Native Intruments/Service Center and then adding them back a few at a time until you find the culprit(s).

6. 3typen

3typen Member

awesome & helpful piece of software. really helps

if your SNIPID ask for PW and then disappears, remove everything from your Service Center Folder and add, for example, only xml files starting with an A. if SNIPID runs, no xml is corrupted. Continue and add Files starting with a B.....

if you have Maschine you might add Maschine 1.xml or Maschine 2.xml to the exceptions, as well as Komplete Selection or any file that contains many SNIPIDs like ProductHints.xml

7. Ranaudio

Ranaudio Member

8. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs Platinum Record

Sorry, I missed this post but I think TheKraken & 3typen both gave very pertinent answers. In passing 3typen, I hesitated adding Maschine and ProductHints to the default exceptions. Perhaps I will add them in a future update.

For those following TheKraken & 3typen's advice… If you do find corrupt xml files that crash Snpider, I would really appreciate having a copy of them for debugging purposes. Thanks in advance.

9. Pax Jupp

Pax Jupp Newbie

Hi Fred! I followed the steps with removing the xml files from the service center folder, I seemed to have found the culprit. It's interesting because every time I try to add the Kontakt library via Kontakt 5.6 and open it up in Kontakt 6 - the library does not show up there and is not in native access - I have also made sure the xml snipd matches the nicnt snipd but this still doesn't fix the issue. I have tried creating a brand new nicnt file but then I get the error message "this instrument belongs to a library that is not installed" So it seems I have to stick with the original nicnt file. Am I able to send you a copy of the xml/nicnt file so you can help me out with this? It's driving me crazy and I would appreciate your help! Thank you!

10. Fred Bloggs

Hi Pax Jupp.
    I'm not sure how I could help you with only an xml and nicnt file to go on :dunno:
    I might if I have the library concerned myself, but you don't say what library is giving you trouble…
    I have had a case or two myself that wouldn't install, but the problem was often because I'd forgotten to throw away Both the user ans system prefs files and the service center file, before trying to re-install. I've also had libraries that were themselves corrupt and a re-download and install usually fixed those.
    I would at least need to have the library itself to try to troubleshoot for you. Perhaps if you name the library concerned, even if I don't have it, maybe some other member might, and be able to give you some pointers.

11. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Such a valuable and handy tool!!

12. Fred Bloggs

Glad you fiind it useful :):):)
    I actually made this for myself and thought others may have a use for it, so I shared it with the community :thumbsup:
    Seems that might have been a good idea, all told :winker:

13. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

You wouldn't happen to have a tool that can organize the library order for Mac Kontakt would ya?

14. Fred Bloggs

I was actually taking a look at that, but there are a couple of complications that I can't see a way around for the moment, without a bit of inside information from NI. I'm not sure if the interest in this would be worth the follow-up as it is already a pretty tricky problem to handle :dunno:. Even NI don't do it very well do they :rofl:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Fred Bloggs

I have just uploaded the all new version 4 ! Check the first post for the download link.
    Hope you like it :winker::like:

16. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Used this yesterday & it’s a lifesaver. Thank you for your great work & the new V4 update!!

17. Fred Bloggs

Glad it helps :mates:

18. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Hi @Fred Bloggs
    What was added with this update, please?
    Did you add Maschine .xml info or something?

19. Fred Bloggs

Ahhhh… good question ! The info is in the Read Me, but I should have posted it here. I did not add Maschine.xml into the defaults, but of course you can still add and/or modify default preferences which will be remembered. So… to correct my omission, here is a part copy of what's in the Read Me document :

Version 4
    This is a complete rewrite pretty much from the ground up. Optimisation makes it run quite a bit faster than previous versions, despite the added functionality. So what's new ?
    • I added a third listing by company. This is handy to cross reference libraries with the company that created them, which is not always available from the library name.
    • The initial dialogue is bigger and clearer, with the options being much more visual.
    • Progress bars have been added, to give you an idea of what's going on.
    • The resulting report in rtf format has been spruced up a bit with (hopefully) clearer reports.

20. Fred Bloggs

OK. I've had some feedback on V4 which is not working on one person's Catalina OS as it is looking for SKProgressBar. Although I cannot reproduce this on my Big Sur system, I have managed to reproduce it on Catalina in a virtual machine. I will be looking into to this, time permitting, but in the meantime, don't throw away your version 3.4 just in case ! The same person said that 3.4 crashed on their system too, but it works just fine for me.
    I will keep you posted… stay tuned :wink: