SNPIDer - handle SNPIDs on Mac !

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Fred Bloggs, May 4, 2020.

1. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs Platinum Record

Hi People.

This software is a general Kontakt SNPID debugger for Mac OSX El Capitan and later - and maybe earlier as well, I just haven't checked !

You'll find lots of information in the Read Me file included in the download.

Get SNPIDer V3.4.1 here :
    https://workupload.com/file/EfcMcy2RVB5

Get the all new version 4.0.1 here :
    https://workupload.com/file/37nm6sgjbNR

Get version 4.1.0 here :
    https://workupload.com/file/uBSNfMPZrCj

Get version 4.2.0 here :
    https://workupload.com/file/3EptCwXDyca

Now compatible with MacOS 12 - Monterey
    Please read the "Read Me" file for more information.

Tested and working on Monterey, NOT on older systems !! If it doesn't like your system, stick with the old version ;-)

Have fun.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 10
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

WOW!!! Thanks!

4. Fred Bloggs

Don't mention it :):bow:

5. LurkerSupreme

LurkerSupreme Ultrasonic

First of All, Thanks for this. Ive known about the old windows version for sometime now. I downloaded and installed but for whatever reason, Im not getting the file to save to my desktop after running the program. I put in my password and nothing happens. Im on High Sierra 10.13.6.

Thanks again.

6. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

Thanks for this handy tool!
    :grooves:

7. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

Working Perfectly, High Sierra! Just placed it in Utility folder, authorized, and all is well!
    Thanks for this!
    :grooves:

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  8. Fred Bloggs

That's not a lot of information to go on for de-bugging ! Does the software hang ? Do you have to force quit it ? Does it launch and immediately quit ? or launch, seem to do stuff and then quit/hang ? I don't have a High Sierra to hand but I'll see if I can install a virtual one and see what it does…

9. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

many thanks, love it!
    :thanks:

maybe you have too big library on slower drive(s), it may take few minutes to go through? just guessing

10. Fred Bloggs

OK. I installed a High Sierra in a virtual machine on my Mac, copied across my service center folder complete and ran my software several times, each time producing a new and different list. It worked as expected without a bug nor a crash and saving a list to my admittedly virtual desktop, each time. I have 244 libraries and the lists were produced each time in about 3 to 4 seconds.This is with the overhead of the virtual machine ! I can only conclude that the problem lies neither with the software, nor with High Sierra. Check out tzzsmk's post above. It appears that they too have High Sierra. So, as they suggested, a speed problem or a huge library, or, just another thought, maybe a corrupt file in your Service Center folder. You can always try the old binary trick of taking half the files out of your SC folder and see if it runs. If it does, there's something amiss amongst the files you took out. If it doesn't then swap the folder files for the ones you removed. If it STILL doesn't run, the problem is elsewhere. If it does, then start the process over again until you pin down what's crashing it.
    Maybe if I had a little more information, I could help you further, but be assured that High Sierra is NOT the problem, nor is it the software.
    HighSierra.png

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  11. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

12. Fred Bloggs

You're very welcome :)

13. twathead

twathead Kapellmeister

Big Thank You Fred Bloggs, great tool.
    :mates:

14. tetra

tetra Newbie

Launch, seeming to do stuff and immediately quit after 1 - 2 secs. ... No List on Desktop
    MBP with El Capitan 10.11
    Tested with SNPIDer.app located in "Applications" and in "Utilities"

15. tetra

tetra Newbie

I followed Fred Bloggs advice: -> sorted out 4 (corrupt) files:
    everything running fine now.
    Big thanks / grand Merci to Fred Bloggs !

16. LurkerSupreme

LurkerSupreme Ultrasonic

@Fred Bloggs Thanks I got it going. I too sorted out some corrupted files. Cheers!

17. Fred Bloggs

Glad everything works for you :). I seems that corrupt files are a thing then !
    To be added to the troubleshooting list then :bow:

18. sinc001

sinc001 Newbie

Hey Fred! You are amazing mate! I'm so happy you are still developing this awesome utility. Very grateful and hope you can keep working on it to iron a few bugs out. I found version 1 a long time ago, and when I would run a report, a window would come up with an error of something that it couldn't parse. In this case, it would say "Ramfire.xml":

"Can’t get text item 2 of "Rammfire.xml: ?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>". (-1728)". (Version 1 of SNPIDer)

I could then remove those offending .XML files that stopped SNPIDer from completing the report, and then it would complete successfully and generate a file on my desktop. V3 of your program sadly doesn't produce any error window, and so when a report is run, it just silently quits with no txt file and no reference to what has caused this error. I hope you continue to develop this - it is the only utility we have on the mac that can produce such a report. Thanks for all your work and this awesome program. - It's very much appreciated.

For Troubleshooting purposes:

My offending XMLs:

Traktors 12.xml
    Traktors 12 for Maschine.xml
    Traktor 2.xml
    Reflektor.xml
    Reflektor for Maschine.xml
    Rammfire.xml
    Rammfire for Maschine.xml

Can confirm, version 3 completes its report when removed. And the app works anywhere on my machine (Desktop/Applications/Utility Folders)
    Mojave 10.14.6

Cheers!

19. Fred Bloggs

Thanks for the praise :). They don't propose a blushing icon here, if not, I would have used it !
    Could you see your way to send me some/all of those offing Xmas, so I can take a look at what's upsetting SNPIDer ? Thanks.

20. Fred Bloggs

Xmas !! Damned spell checkers ! XMLs of course !

21. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Could you program it in an easier way that if in an .xml file it doesn't find any line with <SNPID>, it would just ignore (skip) it and go on?
    I don't think it makes sense creating an ignore list, because this way you can never have a complete success.