Sneak Preview for U-He Hive Synthesizer

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Diabulus in Musica, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

At Musikmesse 2015 Urs Heckmann was demonstrating their upcoming Hive synthesizer.

3. Menorah

Menorah Producer

Why i can´t maximize youtube videos !! :sad:

4. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

5. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

Another video from Musikmess 2015 about Hive..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUksTiJz-JI&feature=youtu.be

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I've brought this up to SAiNT already and I will make sure that we have it working as intended for the relaunch. No point in investing time and energy now when we'll just have to redo everything.

Hive is fucking Ace btw! :break:

I was really pleasantly surprised with this one.

7. m2314

m2314 Member

Ummmm... annnnnd... what's special about this softie U-He rep? His presentation didnt make me want to buy this. Hell it made me not want to try a cracked version... With showmanship of this kind its destined to fail. Sell that shit to me like Billy Mays, coked out of his mind and happy as fuck to be peddling me more shit I dont need... Get it together U-He, get it together!

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I'm not a uhe rep and I don't think I oversold it in any way...I just said that I think it's ace and I was pleasantly surprised. If anything I've always been more critical (not in a bad way) of the company than many others here. It's low CPU, it's more powerful than synths like Sylenth, has a lot of cool features, sounds great and for that intro price I think it's a steal. Most of all it's really diverse and can be used to create a lot of nice sounds as it's generous preset library displays. What's so great about most of the synths that come out? And if you haven't actually tried it then how can you even form an opinion? You can't demo a synth through YouTube. *no*

9. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Trololol that "softie U-He rep" is Urs Heckmann himself, founder, product designer, main coder and genius behind U-He. The name tell you anything?
    Dunno what you expected, but he's not the kind of guy that will make a video shouting
    "thiz iz da new shit, you must buy cuz without u can't make hitzz, thiz blow away Nexus yo" :rofl:

Actually, this is for sure the most "commercial looking" Uhe synth to date,
    I mean not niche like most of the latest from them and aimed to compete with Sylenth1, have a low CPU hit and maybe also have a userbase of modern mainstream EDM producers.

From a guy we are used to see creating semi-modular monsters and maniacally modeled VAs without accepting any compromise, it's something. I'm still waiting for the day I'll be slightly disappointed for something with written U-He on the GUI. What a guy, and what a company :)

Agree @Cat, really dunno how the hell people can judge things w/o trying before.
    Maybe his showmanship sucks, his brain works fuckin good though, that's what we need in shape!

10. drizz22

drizz22 Newbie

Thanks for your words Copylefter! My thoughts!

Cheerio!

11. drizz22

drizz22 Newbie

FYI: Today Hive 1.0 Final was released (called RC until the June 2nd but same version as final=after June 2nd).

12. johnw

johnw Kapellmeister

U-he synth's because of bad coding and protection are very heavy on cpu , ( sylenth1 a very good synth , never get that many revision that u-he synth's gets, and still a great synth ) . For those interested there is a way to still use Bazille beta in your DAW . Search internet for RunAsDate program , run this and set a back date like 4 august 2014 , load in this program your favorite DAW like Studio One or Reaper and Bazille will still work .

13. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

To be fair, Hive is way more capable than Sylenth1, has a wider sonic palette and was developed many years later so it's expected to run on better hardware. Personally I don't find it too heavy on CPU, especially compared to some of their other synths.