Snare sound BFD3

Discussion in 'Software' started by music2013, Feb 25, 2014.

1. music2013

music2013 Ultrasonic

Already I have installed the BFD3 in my pc.
    How leave the sound of the snare similar to the of the video, have tried of everything but do not attain to leave it similar. :( Somebody would have the presets of as it was configured the snare?

3. KingSchlongXVII

KingSchlongXVII Member

Surely that's just different velocities triggering the relevant different samples? Make sure your velocity isn't fixed at 127 or something high like that, maybe that's the cause of your problem.

4. drakem20

drakem20 Member

...Surely that's just different velocities triggering the relevant different samples? Make sure your velocity isn't fixed at 127 or something high like that, maybe that's the cause of your problem. ....

This!

I'm not an expert with drums but a snare sound comes from the OHs. You can clearly hear in this clip that there is room/verb sound and a lot of bottom mic (snares). Closed miced snare sounds like poop without OHs.
    I don't have BFD. But using Superior Drummer I would choose Black Beauty, play it on velocity 90 or so and play with the amount of OH/room mics.
    I think this sample comes indeed from SD, you can hear it when he plays more rimshots.

Good Luck :wink: