snap to grid reaper

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by petrrr, Aug 12, 2022.

1. petrrr

petrrr Kapellmeister

after zooming in the project (many times zoomed in - almost max) i noticed some of my midi notes are not on the grid

also i'm having hard time adjusting them although i have adjusted various midi before these ones seem weird

does anyone have any idea whats happening? has anyone come across something like this

for example

i have snap to grid turned on, and when i'm zoomed in i see that it does not snap on the grid but somewhere near, this happens only for some of the midi items

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Have you entered the notes by hand? Maybe set the "grid" setting to 1/16 which is a kind of step sequencer standard. It will be easier for you to put in notes by hand. Other quick solution: just press "q" [Quantise], set the parameters [need to do this only once] and there. :wink:

4. petrrr

petrrr Kapellmeister

[​IMG]

do you know what these are? maybe they cause issues

5. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

are you playing the notes on keyboard or inserting the midi notes manually ?
    if you playing the notes on keyboard and its off the grid that means you have input quantizing off so you have to right click on the ''in Fx'' on the track that you are using then click on Track Recording Settings then click the little box right beside ''Quantize Track Midi Recording'' after that u can even adjust the quantize value right below it also

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022