Smartphone keyboard not working

Discussion in 'Mobile' started by BrianCa, Jul 9, 2019.

1. BrianCa

BrianCa Newbie

I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. It works fine, if slow as all **** sometimes. However, today i had to restart it to try and get it back up to speed (this sometimes works), and the keyboard has stopped functioning so I cannot get into it. I have restarted, I have fully charged it and restarted it again and still nothing. When i click on the bar to put in my password, nothing comes up. I click emergency call and then the error message pops up saying the keyboard has stopped working. I have no idea how this phone actually works or how to diagnose and fix the problem at this point.

3. SAiNT

SAiNT Administrator Staff Member phonometrograph

Maybe try gboard (google keyboard) :dunno:

4. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

May be a problem with the screen or the samsung keyboard app - clear cache and the data of the app in this case.

The problem is your phone is password locked. The easiest way to enter it is to use an USB OTG (On The Go) cable:
    [​IMG]
    plug it in and attach a normal keyboard (or mouse) to it. This way you could enter your password. There are more sophisticated methods.. but if you're not tech savvy I'd just take it to your mobile provider. They'll probably try to sell you a new one ;)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List