Slow Filesonic Premium Speeds

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by remix, Jan 16, 2012.

1. remix

remix Platinum Record

Is it me but are the Filesonic premium speeds totally crap?

I have a 50mb fibre optic connection and im a premium Filesonic member but im D/L at 18kbs? for some files...

I know there servers can get busy etc but seriously in this day and age 18kbs????????????

I think this will be the last month I use premium at Filesonic especially since most other hosters free speeds are faster!!!

What is it with these filesharing companies...every one of them has some fundamental flaw that stops them from being better than the competition...

(I know that JDownloader etc can improve speeds but why should i have to use a 3rd part application to improve my service from Filesonic?)

3. manducator

manducator Member

I have read a lot about this problem, so you're not alone... However, I never have speeds below 400 kbps. with downthemall I go above 2 Mbps for multiple downloads at once.

4. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

I have a slow download speed too but I think my problem isn't Filesonic but my crappy connection!:rofl:

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

im loading fine as free user on filesonic no need to buy a premium acc - ive got around 150-300kb/s on every hour of the day.
    almost up to 5MB/s down and up!

6. Rolma

Rolma Guest

ArticStorm
    Sorry (off-topic )
    but that gif is terrific !!! :wink:
    A T-Shirt please...

7. ArticStorm

i found this on the main ;) thought ill show some respect! ;) not sure who did it - but i like it.
    sry OFFTOPIC!

8. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Newbie

yeap... filesonic premium is a lie and it's totally crap

9. ArticStorm

besides when i need to download another file i use hotspot Shield - its specially great for big files - almost the same speed as with the normal ip.
    and yh we have also other hoster.
    really hate that 400MB limit there :(

10. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Works fine for me most of the time. I usually queue up my downloads and do them overnight.

The best reason for having a premium account is that if a download stops for any reason, it will be restarted from the point it stopped. As far as i know, free accounts usually dont, you might download 96% of a 2 gig file and if it stops for any reason, you have to download the whole 2 gig again.

If you use firefox, you MUST get the Downthemall addon (for some reason i always read this as "down the mall" but its really "down them all", guess i do too much shopping irl :) ). For some reason i get massively faster download speeds using this than just downloading from the browser. Does lots of useful things, set download speed, pause and restart files, set amount of files to download at the same time and you can even close the browser and it still works.

11. bebopp

bebopp Newbie

Yes, filesonic is realy, realy slow. Rapidshare is much faster. I think it's probably, actually the best hosting sistem, but probably it's not interesting for this kind of sites...

12. aerokiller

aerokiller Newbie

haha, yeah you might be in a place where the ISP trims downloads ... Bell was doing that to Hotfile until 12 in the morning then started again at 6 in the morning ... so I queued stuff to download during that period ...

How?

My suggestion is grabbing this software ... I have used it for years and I think it is the best ... integrates into Firefox so you can right click and download right away ...

Otherwise, if you grab stuff using free accounts, use JDownloader ... just google it, it is free ...

Cheers all ...

13. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Newbie

but if you are paying something, it's supposed to work fine for ALL PEOPLE

and the case here for most people is that is not like that

14. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

I use Jdownloader and the convenience, download management and automatic Rar & Zip extraction make it well worth using.

It is free! You are missing out if you are not using some kind of download manager.

15. remix

remix Platinum Record

yeah Jdownloader is cool for when im doing the big libraries etc but for the odd file here and there its not worth it...

the weird thing is some files are mega quick almost 4mb etc but the bulk are at 18kbs...weird...

cheers for all the tips people!

16. zspin.stomp.shuffle

zspin.stomp.shuffle Newbie

as they say, u can have a super fast connection but it depends on the servers data is coming from..i suggest u download and use this..

idm is great!

17. ArticStorm

i use the jdownloader for more than 2 years and i love it!
    i had in the past the CCF Loader but this thingy was not advanced enough imo.
    i use the jdownloader for every file i download from a filehoster - when the speed is lower than 500kb/s or multiple archives.

18. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

Filesonic Premium gets worse every day, they are embarassing slow on a lot of files but also deleting a lot of stuff lately.

I guess they will be the next candidate to fade away like Hotfile did.

19. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

20. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Oi....OI
    Everywhere is shut!