Sleep Architects

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Blindcrake, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Blindcrake

Blindcrake Ultrasonic

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a long (LONG) time prog rock guy but the last year or so my music has taken a serious ambient turn with just me and my guitar and some field recordings. Also dabbling with some electronic elements as I slowly transition from Logic to Ableton.

This track is essentially me doing tuvan chanting/Kargyraa in the shower (singing into my Macbook Pro, lol), mangling that, and then adding some subs and ambient elements. Nice to meet you, thanks for listening. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

I can "see" it working along some grainy indie film. A kind of nightmarish (?) drone, it certainly achieves to nail you down on the chair for choosing to listen to it heheh. Nice work mate,
    Welcome to the forum :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Blindcrake

Blindcrake Ultrasonic

thank you for the kind words and warm welcome :)

5. spyfx▲

spyfx▲ Guest

Very nice intro & ambient textures throughout the track :wink:
    * imho an ambient/cinematic like guitar lead sound (with an eventide blackhole/valhalla shimmer/arturia Rev intensity) type of reverb on top creating a melody/theme here & there could make this track even better ! :bow: ( just an idea)
    Welcome to the forum & thanks for sharing ! :wink: :bow:

6. Blindcrake

Blindcrake Ultrasonic

Thank you Spy! I still have a few months before I send the tracks off to be mastered (I'm old fashioned and want to release a CD), so I'm seriously considering an ambient electric lead on top. Great minds and all that. :) thank you :)