Slate VMR vs. Waves SSL vs. PSPE27

Discussion in 'Software' started by AB69, Nov 27, 2016.

1. AB69

AB69 Newbie

Anyone have any comparisons for these? I'm really tempted to pick up the Slate VMR. I'm also interested in the VCC but I don't think it's on sale. Do Slate Digital do educational discounts? If I have 1 plugin from Slate, does that price get discounted off if I want to buy all them bundles together (not subscription)?

I have the SSL and PSPe27. I like both, but tend to lean more on the SSL. Just seems to fit/sit better in my mix, but saturation/drive form the PSPe27 really makes a sound pronounced. SSL has a more subtle effect whereas PSP seems more in your face. I also like the SSL UI more. The SSLChannel routing may be a bit complicated but you get use to it.

Anyone have opinions or experience with these?

3. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

As of right now for Slate, many are going for the subscription based and they are selling their normal license.
    Some even posted in ebay for 50% off. Try to join on fabcbook group Slate Audiophile, they are selling their license for cheap.

You could also try out all their plugins for one month subscription only if you like or even try out the AudioUtopia K'd from the sister site.