Slate Virtual Mic System

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Vince Bramich, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Still its just close not there yet like all other simulations no digital simulations beats the the real deal yet it is close sometimes very close but still it lacks something cant put my finger on it but its there for sure if you A/B them
    Buried in a mix noone will notice anyway especially not non musicians and that goes for all amp sims did you know that on The Cardigans Album Grand Turismo all guitars where recorded thrue Amp Farm no amp where used at all.
    But as a guitarist you cant beat playing thrue a real tube amp it´s like it is alive no ampsims can beat that.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  2. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

There are a lot of low budget large diaphragm condenser mics available now that sound great, this wasn't always the case.

3. Always Grateful

Always Grateful Kapellmeister

I do not agree it is all about frequencies it cannot duplicate a mic, after all Melodyne proved the impossible can be done.

4. sexyman

sexyman Ultrasonic

leave slate alone they make great plugin and tools. plus he's sexy and he knows it.

5. Euphonic

Euphonic Member

Having used every Slate Digital plugin and read the reviews I can tell you this much, The guys at Slate don't stop until they can't tell the difference between the hardware and software. That is why people who own the hardware versions of the FG-N can say over and over again the software is like having another hardware piece. I will be buying this as soon as it rolls out.

6. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Waves had its Linear Phase EQ & multi-band compression back in the 90s, later iZotope with Ozone and many others, too. It doesn't alternate the phase response. I call it totally possible, but tricky to work with reasonable latency or quality.

Still... this just screams one question. Why would you want to do that? Get a cheap used mic and learn how to place it, will change the sound way more drastically and with far superior change in sound as you know what you're doing.

7. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

well, the thing with linear phase Eq's is that it is fixing the phase by delaying the signal.
    without without delay there simply isn't linear phase eqing I gues.
    correct me if I'm wrong

8. Vince Bramich

Vince Bramich Ultrasonic

you could do it in hardware with bridge rectifiers so i assume it could be done in the box
    buggered if i know how though

9. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I read a review / comparison of a VST instrument to a real hardware classic instrument. They used and O Scope and they were not the same. In fact the Hardware instrument good or bad had noise in it that made it sound better or worse this depends on your assessment. I am sure that it would be similar here.

10. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

With slate mics, you sing in any era you want.

[​IMG]