Slate Digital VMR not working in my DAWs

Discussion in 'Software' started by NewYorkLights, Dec 31, 2020.

1. NewYorkLights

NewYorkLights Member

OK, so here is my update about this:

First, I uninstall Ableton then VMR, then I clear registry with CCleaner and WiseCare, after that I reboot and then I do registry clean again. After that, I install Ableton. Then I once again check registry l, then I search for possible Slate folders and files just in case. I reboot and then install VMR. But the end result of this was same like before - Ableton do not see VMR vst2 and in StudioOne I can see only vst3 but when I click on, the plugin wont open.

After that I make sfc scan and here I have problems.. It founds problems but it gives me error that some sfc things could not be fixed.

So, I want now first completely fix this sfc errors and then I would try installing VMR again with all your sugestions.

I then post update in this thread :)

Thank you so much for your help! :)

2. CubaseProUser

CubaseProUser Newbie

I believe IMHO that this one was not well cracked like the others OR have some peculiarities. Because in my system FG-X, VBC, Verbsuite, Tapes, Infinity Eq and Air everything work withtout any problems, not matter how many times I install and uninstall them they are always there. As the old VRM 1.5 too, from audioutopia.

3. NewYorkLights

NewYorkLights Member

Exactly like me, I can install and uninstall other Slate plugins and they still works perfectly like you said, only VMR not work for me, but older VMR from AudioUTOPIA works.

On other forum people have this problem too, that they can not see in his DAWs Vst2 version, and Vst3 do not work, because nothing happens when they click on this vst3 VMR and they all have (like I too) installed vcredist_2019. So, it would be really cool if we can figure why we and other people have this problem :)

Now I want try just fix sfc error which I have, and then I would install it again.

When I make this, I post update in this thread :)

4. CubaseProUser

CubaseProUser Newbie

Unfortunatelly, I don't think this have something to do. Because in my system sfc didn`t find anything wrong and I still stuck on VMR.

5. The Freq

The Freq Guest

Two questions that may or may not help.
    1. Does Blue Cat Patchwork function in your DAW?
    2. If the answer is yes, have you tried pointing to the vst and loading it in patchwork?

If nothing else, if the answer to the first question is yes, it will determine whether it works or not at all because Patchwork loads most things.

6. NewYorkLights

NewYorkLights Member

Blue Cat Patchwork works great in my all DAWs (Ableton, Studio One), I can load any plugins and they all works great both VST2 and VST3. But, when I try load VMR through Blue Cat Patchwork it gives mé this error:

"Could not loading Virtual Mix Rack.
    Please check that this compatible 64-bit VST plugin (or 64bit VST3 plugin)"

7. U29

U29 Newbie

Virtual Mix Rack.DLL and Virtual Mix Rack.VST3 files has IDENTICAL MD5 CHECKSUM.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  8. NewYorkLights

NewYorkLights Member

What this mean?

Sorry bro but I do not understand :)

How this can help me with my problem with VMR?

9. CubaseProUser

CubaseProUser Newbie

Whats up guys! Any update? Here is still the same.
    I try to update my verbsuite with the new release from R2R and guess what?? Same problem of VMR!
    The last one before this new one was working flawless. Very strange, can't understand why this is happening.
    My windows is 64 10 20H2 Up to date, cubase 10.5.20 here.

10. Dean909

Dean909 Noisemaker

Tested the recent VMR on Audiogridder server and working (Win10 server, client is WIN8.1, Abe 10, Audiogridder version 1.1.0).

11. CubaseProUser

CubaseProUser Newbie

Any Cubase, windows 10 20H2 user??