Slate Digital VMR not working in my DAWs

Discussion in 'Software' started by NewYorkLights, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Champions Shoes

Champions Shoes Noisemaker

[QUOTE = "CubaseProUser, publicación: 526576, miembro: 65196"] ¿Le importaría publicar su lista de vcredist instalados? [/ QUOTE]

Sin título.png Sin título.png

2. CubaseProUser

CubaseProUser Newbie

thanks, I'll try to install these one specially the 2019 which is not the last. But I not sure if it will helps.. I'll let you know.

3. CubaseProUser

CubaseProUser Newbie

I found yours specific vcredist 2019 x86 and x64 but doesn't help. Still the same VMR not working.
    I didn't try the others vcredist because I have a plenty of them installed on my computer so I doubt there is something related with this.
    I guess is something related with win10 20H2 and updates.

4. CubaseProUser

CubaseProUser Newbie

I had this same problem in the past with softubes plugins, same system. They simply couldn't load, as some Kush Audio earlier releases, duende stuff, an so on. With these new R2R releases, Kush Audio works fine, as well Softube, and SSL native (aka duende, although I prefer the earlier duende sound lol).
    My point is, something was fixed on these new releases that made they work on my system, withtout I had to do anything, so I believe, that is something that could be done or fixed with the new Virtual Mix Rack too on future.

5. NewYorkLights

NewYorkLights Member

I just try load VMR through Patchwork but everytime I get this error:

"Could not loading Virtual Mix Rack.
    Please check that this compatible 64-bit VST plugin (or 64bit VST3 plugin)"

So I then try this:
    I again completely clean uninstall VMR from R2R, then install VMR from official installer, and I again try load this through Patchwork (at the moment I do not overwrite .dll and resources files from R2R). This time I get no error, it opens up Slate window which inform me that I have no internet connection and bla bla..After I click on Ok, I got same error like when I trying load R2R VMR - "please check that this compatible 64bit plugin"

I then overwrite original dll, esr, epl and all resources with R2R version and again try run VMR from Parltchwork but without luck - I got still the same error.

So, I am start thinking if PACE and Ilok which I have installed it is not problem? Maybe this PACE block R2R version from running? Is this possible? Have you guys ani tips for me, what I should try maybe? Thanks :)

6. CubaseProUser

CubaseProUser Newbie

I don't know but if PACE was the problem, someone else out there would mentioned it. I didn't tried to uninstall PACE (once I need it to run trigger 2.0) but maybe you could try to unistall it and then try again.

7. NewYorkLights

NewYorkLights Member

I uninstall PACE and then try run VMR, but still got the error and I have still the same things - VST2 not show up in Ableton and Studio One, VST3 is visible in Studio One but after I click nothing happens, VMR not run, even GUI do not open.

I am really curious why this not work, because many people confirm that this works on his Win 7 computers, I really do not know where problem is :no:

8. burket

burket Member

at this point i thought its better to reinstall the windows. use windows 7 or 10 64bit

9. therealslimsh4dy

therealslimsh4dy Member

there are many problems with volume peaks in the r2r Slate cracks and after the VRM solution, let's hope they fix it, taking out many plugins without knowing if they work will break our projects.

to be exact the Inf EQ if you set presets as Female Vocal DemiiGoddnes

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  10. Voekit

Voekit Producer

If you found any issue you should describe them in detail for faster fix.

11. NewYorkLights

NewYorkLights Member

Thank you guys for all your answers :)

On official web of Slate is written that Win 8 is supported, so I do not think that the problem is in my Win 8...but, yes, who knows :)

I am still thinking about installing the AAX version of VMR and then trying to use patchwork to load this AAX version of VMR.
    I don't know if it will work, I'm not at my computer at the moment but I definitely want to try it :)

12. Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight Kapellmeister

Do both releases of VMR do this or just R2Rs?

13. NewYorkLights

NewYorkLights Member

The version from AudioUTOPIA works great - when I first decide to have Slate VMR, I choose to download the SymLink No Install version from sister site and I just manually copy the folder Slate Digital folder with resources, epl, esr in to ProgramData and Virtual Mix Rack.dll in to my VST plugin folder. After that I start Ableton, and all was ok - Ableton found VMR and all works fine.
    And now when I would install this R2R version, first I removed Slate Digital folder from ProgramData, and I manually delete Virtual Mix Rack.dll. After that I install this fixed R2R version but then I got problems - in all my DAWs - (Ableton 9, Studio One 4.6, Studio One 5, Reaper) I can not see VST2 version, the DAWs simply not showing up. Studio One and Reaper see the VST3 but when I click on them it does not open plugin, basically no thing happens when I click on VST3 of VMR.

14. Jedi_Knight

Reinstall everything related....Ableton and VMR. Do a CCleaner reg clean in between and manually delete all folder related to the plugin. You dont have to delete Ableton leftover folders. Reboot, do another registry check to make sure once more....then do a clean install of both Ableton and VMR. Dont go for Symlink versions of software...to me thats a problem in and of itself.

You could also opt for another 3rd party registry cleaner like WiseCare or something else to double check because I've noticed things in separate software that the other didn't catch.

Good Luck!
    **FiNGs CroSSeD**

15. NewYorkLights

NewYorkLights Member

Thank you so much for your help, ok, I'll do everything the way you told me - uninstall Ableton, VMR and manually delete folders. And thank you for awesome tip with WiseCare :)

Once again, thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate that! :)

16. CubaseProUser

CubaseProUser Newbie

Any updates?? Any sucess?

17. Jedi_Knight

Yes, did that do the trick?? Another option if that didn't work is to do a SFC check of your system files (as something may have gotten corrupt in a critical DLL that is shared with the DAW.) and lastly a refresh of Win10 or restore point. I feel quite confident that a fresh install of windows and everything from the ground up is always a guarantee of sorts but I'd never suggest that to anyone as a first line of measure. My rule of thumb is to make a fresh install and then do a system image. Anything acts rude, go back to image in 20 miuntes.

18. CubaseProUser

CubaseProUser Newbie

No Luck here, sfc was ok, did Wisecare reg clean but still the same here

19. CubaseProUser

CubaseProUser Newbie

But I didn1t reinstall cubase..

20. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Why dont you guys with problem state what win10 version you use here. Seem most of the ones with problems use win10 20H2 as stated above. A clean install of that win version hasnt helped as far as i've seen so far. Why audioutopia version work on the same OS is what troubles me but i can tell that the latest versions uses way less cpu and memory than so it may have something to do with what they done in the plugin up to current version. Just specualations though but yeah. would be really nice to know what verisons people use that has theese issues..