Slate Digital FG-SWISS (Distressor), The Monster (1176 All In), and RePeater. Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Oysters, May 18, 2016.

1. Hooman.Leys

Hooman.Leys Platinum Record

2. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

empirical labs arouser is a joke.

why humiliate your costumers with a synthedit plugin?
    slate is going to kick their ass, so...a dick move?

more like justice is served.

3. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Arousor made with synthedit? Wtf?
    Can you prove this? Where you have found this info? Synthedit plugin with 64 bit binary?

4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I would really like to try their free plugins, but I don't like being forced to buy an iLok dongle. I have a MacMini and no more USB Ports to spare.

5. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    yeah, I feel you. While I can't spare the iLok, my Slate plugins have been collecting virtual dust for a while. I just don't use them anymore. Maybe one of these days I'll decide to install them again. Although I liked the idea initially, it is a workflow killer to insert a plugin just to keep inserting more plugins in the VMR. I'd love to try their take on the Distressor, however.

6. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Do you NEED to use the Rack in order to use the Plugins? Having to insert a rack just to insert the actual plugin is really a workflow killer. N.I. realized that early on with their Classic Compressors you had to insert into Guitar Rig. Good choise of them to make them "regular" plugins.

Soundtoys has an effects rack as well as single plugins. The rack is great as a container for big FX chain but you don't have to use it. Same goes for Nomad Factory's analog studio rack – you get a rack as well as single plugins.

7. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

AFAIK, yes. This is why I stopped using as well, besides the fact that I found suitable replacements from other vendors. I would be browsing through a chain days after creating it going where's all that compression coming from? Couldn't remember what I had instantiated within the rack.

8. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Indeed. The rack is supposed to be a 500-lunchbox emulation (pointless in my opinion --the lunchbox is a hardware plugin-like solution --It feels like a plugin emulating a plugin format). It comes with a pleasant-sounding aural exciter type of plugin, Revival, and it is Slate's "freebie." I have to admit that this darn thing sounds great, but so do many other manufacturers' products. To be honest, the only compromise I can make in this regard is launching AirWindows's plugins within Blue Cat's Patchwork. I just can't get enough of Chris's crazy single-purpose utility plugins. Side note, it's never too late or too invasive to ask you to support him on Patreon.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

I think the real turning point for me was when I compared the VMR with the console emulation to a Nebula loaded with Olonga's TCS Strip. The Nebula instance was, to my ears, superior. I was already dealing with having to open Nebula to see what preset was loaded which really isn't that much different than having to open VMR to see what's inside. I suppose ultimately, it had more to do with what it sounded like. I'm not really knocking the sound, it's not bad. I just resorted to using something that sounded "better" to me.

10. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

What wrong with Synthedit? OPX Pro actually was made there.
    Now SynthEdit 1.2 (64-bit) - for making 64-bit VST2 and VST3 Windows plugins.
    And guy from Memorymoon can port it to Mac. He also made ME80 SYNTHESIZER in Synthedit. Check demo it amazing!

Maybe You mixed Synthmaker and Synthedit?

11. sparkles

sparkles Guest

@SyNtH. nice and tasty page on yours soundcloud