Slate Digital FG-SWISS (Distressor), The Monster (1176 All In), and RePeater. Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Oysters, May 18, 2016.

1. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    First and foremost I wanted to reveal the FG-SWISS, which is an exact replica of one of the most famous hardware compressors in the industry known for being a “Swiss Army Knife”. This compressor is like eight compressors in one! It is so versatile and can even sound like a vintage optical compressor!

To say it has been difficult to replicate this compressor’s many sounds is quite the understatement! But Fabrice and our dev team have meticulously recreated its exact tone on every setting, and have included its precise nonlinear behaviors which help make it so musical! You’ll be using this guy in the summer, so stay tuned! You’re going to love it!!

[​IMG]
    Everyone always asks me “So why can’t I do the All Buttons In trick on your FG-116s?”. As many of you already know, the All Buttons trick on the classic FET compressors puts the compressor into a whacky state of extreme over compression that can sound super insane on things like drum room mics. I’ve always enjoyed the sound, but felt that it could be sooo much more useful with a few key mods. And so that’s what we’ve done with the Monster Extreme Dynamic Processor.

The Monster can sound like the classic All Buttons, but for those of you who wished you could tame a bit of the top end (which can make cymbals pretty harsh depending on the track), we added a High Frequency side chain into the detector, so you can make the over-the-top effect super slick and smooth in the top end! It really sounds great! Then I thought, wouldn’t it be cool if we could get the insane compression tone but have a bit more transient definition? So we added a button called PUNCH which does just that! Next, we added a Hi Pass side chain filter which will make the kick drum in your room mics sound so massive you’ll have to duck and cover! And finally, we have a parallel mix knob so you can easily blend this explosive tone with the dry signal to make it much more versatile and useful! The MONSTER will be available quite soon, and we expect it to go to beta in about two weeks.

Oh… and it’s going to be FREE. For everybody. Who loves me??? :)

[​IMG]
    My friend Jay Baumgardner started collecting vintage delays and was raving about how cool the tones are and how much more creative he could get in his mixes when using them. Well, Jay is one of the best audio engineers in the world and certainly knows what he’s doing, so I figured I’d investigate. Fast forward a few weeks and my studio was filled with vintage delays from old Echoplexes and Memory Man to classic 80’s units. I was shocked about how beautifully unique each delay was, and how much character I could add to tracks using the right pairing of vintage delay. It was also so much fun!

So we teamed up with our friends at D16 and made the ultimate vintage delay modeled plugin called RePeater! RePeater models over a dozen vintage, modern, and tape delays! We recreated the real tone of early digital delays including the exact characteristics made in part by their unique low bit depth, sample rate, frequency response, and of course… distortion! There are so many incredible preset delay sounds that just switching through them will get your creative juices flowing. We even have a preset for a 1940’s tape deck that sounds good at 100% wet as a straight up insert effect! We also have classic widening effects that sound fantastic on stereo guitars or as a vocal fattener! From Levee breaks style drum echo to the most rich and thick vocal delays, you’re going to love this thing! And the GUI is so easy to use, because you have complete control of both delay lines without having to go to a sub menu. This one is also due out this summer!!

Unofficial Eiosis newsletter:

Dear Air EQ owners,

I will never be updating Air EQ again because Steven is keeping me so damn busy!

All the best,

FG

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    • Interesting Interesting x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  3. JayMixx

JayMixx Newbie

Amazing .... cant wait to get them

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

It seems that slate's subscription services are getting better value for money all the time.
    I still hate the idea of it though!
    I shall not subscribe!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

ooo slate and d16, sick!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. erminardi

erminardi Kapellmeister

I have 10.000 versions of those gears in my DAW, which a 40% very good sounding...
    bored.

7. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

Bold move for Steven to release this just after empirical labs released arouser.

8. Spacely

Spacely Producer

Some Sexy plugins right there however I hate the subscription model that seems to be the big trend with a lot of companies not only on the music production side.

9. Eduardo Perez Rios

Eduardo Perez Rios Noisemaker

they look very interesting ! also waiting for the empirical arousor release ;)

10. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Did you mean "bold", or "dick"..? ;)

Especially since they've priced it extremely low for Slate, to undercut the Empirical product significantly...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. groove

groove Kapellmeister

12. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

Do you work for Empirical Labs? :rofl:

Funny. I wanted a decent Distressor VST for ages and now everyone and their neighbour is releasing one!

13. groove

groove Kapellmeister

No dude I have fatso from uad since one year I buy uad card for this one and for atr102 because no equal plugin in native and i have try the distressor and it's just magic for any kind of sound . even for parallel comp the transient are so sweet and pumping so i buy and ... Before i use duende ssl comp for bus and parallel and put the two side by side inside my project ... duende ssl for me is the end of the story ... This arousor is a beast really :)

14. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

Nice to hear, because Duende is what I usually use :)

15. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

It's going to be interesting as to how this "exact replica" sounds. I have heard from personal conversations with some very reliable sources in the industry that ELI's "Arouser" plugin is ok but when compared to the real thing, it's not close, especially when it's pushed hard. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt that Slate's product will be any better...time will tell.

16. Placeholder

Placeholder Ultrasonic

Soundtoys Echoboy, Eventide, and U-he Presswerk take care of all my vintage compressor and delay needs :).

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. gurujon

gurujon Kapellmeister

Dave Derr
    The Distressor's "daddy" said this:

Trust me when I say everything has been excruciatingly planned. It is NOT a direct Distressor emulation. BUT, we have always been able to match the sound to the brink of inaudibility to a Distressor, except OPTO and BRIT modes. There is already a Distressor, and besides differentiating products, there were soOOo many neat things I always wanted to do, so that from the start, this was never going to be a 1:1 Emulation.

I think people would have blindly bought a plugin called the Distressor over a new product named the AROUSOR. Sales were kind of guaranteed if it was decent, right? But I couldn't stand limiting myself with all the neat stuff that could be added and enhanced, and went about making a new product, one totally capable of all the things they loved in the Distressor... and a bit more.

I keep saying it, but this product isn't really "finished". It has been designed to be "evolutional". We are in this for the long run. Still... We hope you find it totally rocks right out of the gate!

18. Lean

Lean Producer

Slate is putting loads of stuff into his subscription bundle. Think he must have done a few deals here and there.

I agree it's getting better value all the time but I hate the idea of paying 270 dollars a year for something you are never officially going to own. Four year well that's a grand and for that you can get a shitload of hardware or whatever. That is my only beef apart from iLok also but he gives u that/

Apart from that he is doing a good job i have to admit. The new EQ modules will be good i imagine as the Fabrice anyway, don't use guitar emulator stuff, the new compressors pretty cool and this stuff also looks usefull. Yeah D16 indeed u can see in the design almost looks like an eventide the way it designed.

I think Slate has forged a whole new alliance of his own. :yes:

19. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I've bought Distro, put it side by side with UAD Fatso, and now I'm dying to get the UAD license. I'll have to wait up a while, though.

21. HamzA92

HamzA92 Newbie

where I can I find these please ?