Skybox Audio Hammers and Waves

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by Udi Zisser, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Udi Zisser

Udi Zisser Platinum Record

Get Hammers + Waves: https://www.skyboxaudio.com/?ref=a1RILbAQhHoKd

Hammers + Waves was created by Danny Dunlap and Azrul Saleh who built a robot to make stunningly real recordings of a suite of pianos. The idea was to take human interpretation out of the process. To be able to apply a precise amount of force to the keys consistently, so the velocity zones weren’t decided by amplitude, but by the amount of force applied. This gives a stunningly honest sonic snapshot of the original instrument.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

"...so, the velocity zones weren’t decided by amplitude, but by the amount of force applied."
    ??
    I thought the amount of force applied RESULTS in amplitude, which can then be used however one likes by defining zones that can be varied, scaled, reversed or whatever..
    And what does that have to do with the zones one might choose or create to manage velocities / amplitudes ?
    Sound like someone trying to make some shit up that sounds good.
    Maybe it is just over my head, because i just looked those things up and i still don't get what he means.
    Is the marketing just "trying too hard", or am i not trying hard enough to understand?

4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Nearly 400 dollars...... not my league :no:

5. odod

odod Rock Star

yeaah IKR, i think i would rather go for Omnisphere for this price