SKnote releases MixingRoom - Immersive mixing through headphones

Discussion in 'Software News' started by BEAT16, Aug 3, 2021.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

[​IMG]

SKnote has released Mixing Room, a tool for mixing music through headphones.

Working in a great sounding room to get a balanced sound isn't always possible. MixingRoom offers a fully immersive experience when using headphones for music mixing. Balanced, calibrated sound removes the bad habit of raising the volume to hear details in the mix.

Main features:

• Ever growing database of headphones calibration (use the model you prefer).
    • Mixing mode, with calibrated cross-talk based on measurements on real ears.
    • 360°*360° sound experience: a fixed position of the listener doesn't exist. We get cues from slight movement of the head and, when focusing on details, precise rotation towards a monitor. MixingRoom lets the engineer move his "virtual head". Many "person" models are available: select the most similar to your real-world experience and stick to that.
    • Physical, non-linear models of audio monitors: stress the monitors to hear with a bit of saturation and get more cues.
    • Three classes of monitors: mains, high-performance, cheap (for checks). Includes "Ideal" monitors for mixing.
    • Anechoic versions of the monitors (to avoid the "room in a room" effect when needed).
    • Positional ambience improves the experience providing even more cues.
    • Synthetic and real environments: get the best possible performances from the room or mix in a real space, always with 360°*360° experience.
    • Use headphones and earbuds as listening target: more and more music is listened to through headphones. Check the balance there.
    • Places: a normal room, a club, a car with its audio diffusion, check your mix in places. Growing library of places.
    • 3×3 target matrix: monitors and rooms, headphones and earbuds, places. Define it for quick switching from a target to another one and back.
    • Easily share the listening environment with clients.
    Intro Price: $49.99 (Reg. $99.99).

Code:
    https://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.php/2021/04/02/mixingroom-immersive-mixing-through-headphones/

MixingRoom – Updated list of included headphones models.
    https://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.php/2021/04/04/mixingroom-updated-list-of-included-headphones-models/

3. vayabahia

vayabahia Producer

I was curious and as there is no demo I decided to buy it.
    But there is no sound, just pops when turning on and off.

I have tried it in Logic 10.6 and in wavelab 10 the vst version with the same result.
    I wrote to Quinto and I'm waiting for a reply since 2 days. :dunno:

4. marveljam

marveljam Ultrasonic

Thank you for the heads up regarding the issue. I hope it gets resolved quickly. Let us know how it goes once they get you sorted

5. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

This seems to be the new thing for developers. Curious how it will compare to Slate, Waves Nx, etc.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. vayabahia

vayabahia Producer

I am ashamed to explain that the problems I had with MixingRoom, were nothing more than lack of attention when reading the Readme with the installation instructions.
    Yes, I do. I'm a wretch
    Quinto Sardo answered and was always kind, patient and willing to refund the purchase. I apologised for wasting his time because of my inattention.

I've been testing the plugin for a while, and it does what it promises.
    I'm more convinced than Sienna in terms of cpu load and ease of use, and I think it's much more appropriately priced for what the product is really good for.

I will try MixingRoom for a while longer and may come back to comment further.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List