Sitting down all day/back problems? any tips?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by petrrr, Jul 24, 2022.

1. petrrr

petrrr Kapellmeister

HI i have heard an interview by someone who produces music long time he developed back problems due to all the time sitting down. and lately i've started noticing that i need to make adjustments or i will end up with that too soon. I sit down lots of hours.

just checking for any tips or something that helped u in regards to this

thanks

3. faunus

faunus Ultrasonic

workout a little bit

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Snare Gel

Snare Gel Kapellmeister

get a quick yoga routine going at least once a day - stretching hips, back strengtheners and calf stretches. Trust me, i deal with this and plantar fasciitis and i've created a routine I do daily even though I sit on ass the other 90% of the time.

5. Tai-San

Tai-San Ultrasonic

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

First: a good ergonomic chair (and desktop set-up), it's the most expensive one but also the best, and I couldn't do my work properly anymore without it >
    https://www.hermanmiller.com/products/seating/office-chairs/aeron-chairs/
    However, keep in mind your posture during the day, and take short breaks. At the end, no chair will be a 100% solution.
    Second: on a weekly basis, do workouts as already described above, I go to the gym on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and on the other days I use an Airex Fitline gym mat at home, a human body isn't made for sitting al the time so you'll need to compensate this with exercises, or just go out for a walk (or swim in the summer) from time to time.
    Furthermore: going to a physiotherapist for a massage once in a while will help, and believe it or not, drink a lot of water. But that's always a good thing.

I went through a lot of back issues through the years, so I'm experienced (unfortunately). And yes, I didn't have the motivation or discipline to follow these 'rules' all the time. But that will eventually result in issues. So if that's not a motivation, what is. Good luck!

7. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

Agree. Working out and yoga are the best thing you can do for your body (aside from a healthy diet).

I go to a gym, but it's not at all necessary. If you just want to keep in shape you can do all necessary movements at home with the help of some elastic bands and your body weight. Doing some light jogging or a long walk every day also helps a lot.

When you are sitting down and working, try to take a 2 min break once every 20-30 min to stand up and walk around the room and stretch. You also get less tired when doing this!

Plantar fasciitis is not fun. I have a heel fat pad syndrome (I think that's the English term for it) which is similar, although with a different cause. My heel fat pads are completely trashed so it's basically like I'm walking directly on my heel bones :suicide: It's somewhat manageable with the correct shoes inlays and slippers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List