Sites for licensing?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Niruvana, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

I've been looking around the music licensing websites, but most of them are pretty picky. The biggest ones such as Audiosparks.com, Artist.lo, Jinglepunks.com, Railroadtrax.com don't accept the new musicians. I've been declined by all of them. Only Songtradr works so far.

Are there any good websites besides them for music licensing (or library)?

3. trutzburg

trutzburg Kapellmeister

Are you serious ? Some of the sites you mention aren't even active. But there are tons of sites popping up if you use Google. Articles about them with pros and cons (for users). Looks interesting: Artlist.io. But this is only one of many.

4. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

Are they not active? What do you mean? I definitely tried and they sent me an email for a decline. Artist.io clearly declined me. They said that they are full of positions now. Any recommendation?

5. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

Licensing? Maybe you mean something else. ASCAP will license your tracks with an upload. When you upload to SoundCloud you have one type of copyright protection (can't remember the technical term). Distribution and monetizing is another story.

6. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

The largest licensing company in the world is APM. Their site and associated labels have anything you want. You can find Pop music played on bagpipes to Classical. APM’s business model is the standard. Contractual agreements are required. Limited exclusive & non-exclusive licensing is available, but the fine print and legal advice should always be discussed with your lawyer if you take licensing seriously. Alternatively there are other companies with models like Epidemic Sound based in Sweden which pay content creators up front. There’s a give and take to both business models. With APM’s you have to wait for licensing royalties & rely on ASCAP, BMI to track your earnings, but if your content is used by a major movie, tv show or company you could potentially earn huge amounts of money. Like the saying goes “The greater the risk the greater the reward”. Epidemic’s model takes a different approach to compensating their content creators by reducing risk and paying up front. No royalties are given, which means ASCAP and BMI are non involved. This model might appeal to new content creators as compensation is up front. A more established creator might want to take more risk and jump to a company like APM if they believe their music can score a big contract with a major production. But don’t let Epidemics model discourage you from making money. Some of their creators have earned hundreds of thousands of dollars...

https://www.apmmusic.com/

https://www.epidemicsound.com/

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List