Sister site OS X Malware?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PsYAuM, Oct 18, 2019.

1. PsYAuM

PsYAuM Ultrasonic

A month ago or so I downloaded a Plugin from the sister site and when the download had completed there was a red exclamation with the wording;
    " This file is not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous. "
    I decided to try a couple of other releases to see if the same issue was at hand and in total the 3 i downloaded that day all 3 had the same message.
    I posted the issue on the Plugin release page (someone else had already posted previously the same issue) but got no replies so left it at that.
    A couple of weeks later there was a release i wanted to try so downloaded and thankfully it downloaded without issues (like i had always been able to do until the problem i have noted above) so tried the ones i had previously had issues with (see above) and still this issue persists.
    I have just downloaded today a release i wanted to try and again this warning message (see above) is displayed in Chrome when the download completed. Again i tried a few more recent releases and again the issue is the same.
    Can anybody give me an explanation as to why this is please?
    I have never had any issues like this before.
    Thanks

3. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Try with another browser. Chrome may have a too sensitive filtering feature.