Simple song writer software

Discussion in 'Education' started by grasshopper, May 16, 2024.

1. Danie

Danie Ultrasonic

When this answer comes to your mind, just sit in private for a minute and think who are the people behind this AI.:cool:

2. canbi

canbi Ultrasonic

yea, software engineers.
    /eot

3. Danie

Danie Ultrasonic

So reliability of their efforts is questioned and doubt is cast on them and trusting their products to help musicians produce better music is automatically cancelled.:yes:

Tried and distrusted...

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Things are starting to get interesting now. Thanks. Song ideas are percolating just reading these. Human nature is at once expansive and restrictive. Ai is scary, I agree, only because people can be scary. Ai could be like handing a 6 year old a nuke. But it also could be handing a doctor a magic wand. There will be Milly Vanilly's and Einsteins. If we listen to our inner voice I do believe or at least hope we will be able to tell the difference. Ahhhhh life itself.
    Now back to the subject at hand. My hope is that I can find a way to let out what has been locked inside for all my life.
    I know (go see a shrink) That's a topic for another day.
    I appreciate all of your desires to help. Again sooooo human and one of the very best parts of us.

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Yes, "trust" there will always be P.T. Barnum's around every corner. Tools can be used for good or evil knowingly or not. One can be killed with a toothpick as well as a 357.

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

And yet inspiration can come from a fly on the wall to a tank in the middle of the road. A note is a translation of something else.Like a word most of us agree on has a meaning. A baby without words hums while looking out the window. Words and notes are only needed if one wishes to communicate. What if one wants to talk/sing to himself or herself?

Last edited: May 17, 2024
  7. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Ahhh...... to question is the answer.

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Yes, love the sound of a Duane Almond and the haunting sound of a well played Dobro "White Mountain". Tried it couldn't master it. Gave up.

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

I wonder????? Wouldn't that be depressing.

10. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Scaler is my favorite for generating melody/harmony ideas. None of the midi I generate will end up on a track, I just use it as a rough guide. These sessions are very brief, and I quickly move over to other instruments/microphones. I started off with ChordPulse, and I still use that now and again.

What I like about Scaler is I only have to use the white keys to develop complex arrangements, and I can quickly find scales and chords that I never knew existed! Once I have the melody outline and chord notes, it's a lot of fun putting it all together. I would say it's similar to how a paint artist works, first they sketch a scene and then they prepare a color palette. (Yes, I studied art :)).

I always have a 32-key keyboard and laptop nearby, so this works well for me, although YMMV.

11. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

I agree, BUT, I struggle with the word better. I remember 1963, yes I'm old as dirt, "I want to hold your hand" wasn't necessarily better than what came before. But it was uniquely different. The harmonies struck a "chord" deep inside me.It was like hearing a well played Celtic fiddle that drilled its way to something that was truly alive inside me. I'll never forget it. And from there look at what we got for the next 15 years. Name them list them on and on they go. Musical exploration is a wondrous thing. We don't have to rub two sticks together to light a fire now. Notes like words are fascinating entities. Like William Stafford said about his love of poetry " I rub two words together and I get a third". It's magic that takes place somewhere deep inside. All we have to do is find a way to tap into it. That is what my question to you all is about. If one were to follow the traditional method of learning notes ie, slogging through endless scales, theory, and structures of the past most get dumped by the side of the road. Rainer Maria Rilke comes to mind while he listened to his mother playing the piano. He felt like he was plodding through deeeeep driiiiiifts of snoooooow. There has to be a different way. Not better mind you but different. I'm exploring for my way.

12. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Yes well stated and will give it a try. Thanks

13. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

I also got mine from an injury. I wish you all the luck in the world. In case you haven't found this for sleep. Try hanging your arm over the edge of the bed. Also B6 helps.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Funny, I just ordered a small digital recorder to take with me as inspiration doesn't ware a watch.

15. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

I tried Ez Keys 10 years ago and found it unique but didn't stick with it as I could still play my guit fiddle. Thanks I'll give your suggestions serous consideration.

16. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Producer

If you think it's the fault of the software I have to tell you, that you are completely wrong. Back in the days there was no software. So ... How did the Beatles do songwriting? Guitar in hand, paper and pencil on the table. If you can't songwrite learn it. If it doesn't work, try harder. If you find something to blame your inability on ... do it. And know secretly always that it's your fault. Or songwriting just isn't for you. If that's the case, feel free because you do not need to blame anything on anything.

Write songs and stop whining.

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Well, well..... There truly is just one way and one way only to do anything. We all would be rubbing 2 sticks together to light fires. My words rubbed you the wrong way and lit a fire in you. For that I apologize as that was not anywhere near my intent. I wish you well.

18. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I remember the days when the Beatles had to catch a bus when they wanted to go and learn how to play a G7th chord!

19. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

There's a song in that statement.

20. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I disagree. I've made some good deal of music with it.