Similar to Eventide’s Stereo Room 2016 Reverb Plugin

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Mousikanos, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Mousikanos

Mousikanos Guest

Hey everyone, I hope you’re well and great summer holiday… (Hopefully not in the studio :))!

I would like to get a general opinion in regards to which would you consider similar sounding reverb to Eventide’s Stereo Room 2016?

It is a great sounding reverb and Alan Meyerson is using it with a nice trick when mixing scores.

It is definitely an algorithmic reverb and emulated from the the respective hardware, but it will be interesting to hear your opinion in regards which other reverb comes close enough to the sound of it.

Focusrite had it as a giveaway all its users (me being one of them as well) but unfortunately I missed that opportunity to get it for Mac, hence I’m looking for an alternative.

Many thanks in advance!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. GodHimSelf

GodHimSelf Platinum Record

I have it and it is really good on vocals. I got it with my focusrite soundcard, have you tried shooting them an email?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Mousikanos

Mousikanos Guest

I did, but unfortunately they don't have any codes to give out any more. I've heard awesome reviews about it!

5. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

When I need a Room reverb I go with Valhalla Room.I like it a lot.Or sometimes a convolution IR with Altiverb can do the job.

6. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Will the official ILOk break the pace ILOk?

7. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

I have the plugin from Focusrite and I don't think it's that great, kinda sterile, I don't think I've ever used it in a mix.

The Plug & Mix Digital Reverb (which sounds pretty good) claims to be based on it, and Slate Verbsuite has impulse responses from it.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Mousikanos

Mousikanos Guest

Valhalla might suffice, but Altiverb is IR based. I am looking for something similar to Stereo Room 2016 which algorithmic.

9. Mousikanos

Mousikanos Guest

That's interesting - both the fact that you find sterile and not usable in to a mix but also that the Plug & Mix Digital Reverb is based (I just checked their website) on the Eventide Reverb 2016 itself. :wink:

10. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

I didn't say it's unusable in a mix, just that it never wowed me or sounded better than all the other reverbs I have. I like to use the P&M one when playing guitar because it's so simple.

11. Mousikanos

Mousikanos Guest

Oh I know man, and I didn't mean it in a bad way by all means. Apologies if it came across like so. Obviously the use of reverbs in general is a personal taste. You are also correct that the P&M looks very simple to use. I wonder how the comparison between :

Slate VerbSuite / Plug & Mix Digital Reverb / Stereo Room 2016 would be?! :thumbsup:

12. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Do any of the actual Eventide plugs emulate it?

I'm still scouring the Internet for a suitable replacement for Arboretum's Hyperverb -- none of the reverbs I currently own even come close (Lexicon, Valhalla, Altiverb, IK's Classic Reverbs, TC's Fabrik-R, NI's digital reverbs, Korg, ArtsAcoustic, BREVERB, Waves, etc.). I'm to the point where I'm considering jerry-rigging my old iBook that can still run Hyperverb and using it as a "hardware" reverb that I can send to and return from (albeit at 48kHz/24-bit inside the iBook on a G3 processor using -- gag! -- OS 9.2.2).

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  13. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

14. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

bx_rooMS from plugin alliance is a good one! i use it, as well as the eventide stereo room. both are thumbs up in my book. :like:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Mousikanos

Mousikanos Guest

Ah yes, that was the original plugin released years ago. I bumped in to it. It was eventually bought / transfered to Eventide and made in 64bit. The original of course was 32bit. :)

16. Mousikanos

Mousikanos Guest

The Stereo Room 2016 plugin reverb is the actual emulation :)

17. Disfunktion

Disfunktion Ultrasonic

It's a great sounding reverb... I picked it up this year for 29$. Not sure of a similar sounding alternative. Keep your eyes open for another sale if Focusrite can't help you out. Sure won't be too long now until Cyber Monday 2018... Eventide usually do some good sale offers ;)

18. Mousikanos

Mousikanos Guest

Yeah! I will definitely keep an eye out for the deals and see who might have it on sale. Thanks for the heads up!

19. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

my top reverb which I using
    1,eventide blackhole (batter then Lexicon Hardware)
    2. Logic Pro X stock plugin
    3. wavearts MasterVerb
    4. NI Replika XT

20. Impressive

Impressive Guest

The Reverb I usually use is Eventide Black Hole. Good for real dreamy stuff. I use it for whether I want a simple little reverb in the background or if I want to turn my guitar lead into a dreamy washy pad. Sometimes I'll use Zynaptiq Wormhole. Or I just use Logic Pro X's built in reverbs.
    But Black Hole is just very smooth sounding. I don't have to spend a whole lot of time adjusting the parameters because of "too much ringing" or not enough depth, etc. Usually I just adjust a few knobs and I've got a dreamy reverb in there. Good for dreamscape music especially. But you can do a lot of things with it.
    I got it on ebay for like 50 bucks. There's deals for it all the time if you just keep on the lookout. More often than the Stereo Reverb 2016 plugin you're looking for.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2018
  21. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Sorry, I didn't notice that until later -- I kept thinking you were discussing a Focusrite plug!