signal on output with blank project

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by funkman, Feb 14, 2024.

1. funkman

funkman Ultrasonic

hi,i wasnt sure which area of forum to put this in,but since i use cubase 11 pro i thought id put it here.
    when i open a new project with one vst (in this case v station) i get a very low bbit of movement in stereo out meter,way down around -60
    i insert pro q 3 which gives more acurate reading of output,it reading around -85
    is that normal?
    im thinking it might be cable from pro 24 to monitor that causing it.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

What do you have happen when you replace V station with another software synth? You mention a mic and cable, but normally if you see this kind of thing from a plugin-only situation, it's because something is self oscillating; like a delay. I would normally just roll off or cut anything below 25hz anyway. And I would consider using a noise gate. Fabfilter Pro-G is one you may already have installed. I actually like the Logic noise gate more, be that what it may.

4. funkman

funkman Ultrasonic

thanks for reply,tried fm 8 and predator and there seems to be no movement on stereo out meter.
    but i have noticed the stereo in meter is around -85 with no vst loaded