Side Chaining in Ableton Live.. How do you do it?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Desantïs, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

I used to do it in Fruit Loops using Peak Control Method and Ghost Kick Samples. I would have a template with like 5-10 ghost kicks of all different sizes ready to go. How do you guys do it in Ableton is my first question.

Question #2 Is there a VST that does it better than ableton's method which one and how.. I like using ghost kick samples because I can kind of 'mix in' the beat so it's just to my taste. And I like using multiple ghost kicks so I can side chain other things besides just the kick and bass.. But I am just an amateur at this stuff i'd like your opinions :)

3. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

No problem, slap the stock Compressor onto track you want to have sidechained, click the little arrow in top left corner and there's sidechain option. Just select what track is the ghost kick track. Stack more of them to have sidechain for every type of ghost kick you may have.

4. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

Yeah so just have tracks 1-5 filled with ghost kicks.. short, short medium, medium, medium large, and large tails. Or did you mean something else by that?

5. Gnib

Gnib Producer

6. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Xfer lfo tool.