side chain no found, help me

Discussion in 'Logic' started by samuelh, Dec 3, 2021.

1. samuelh

samuelh Newbie

after a thousand attempts to install waves 13 on macbook m1 without rosetta I gave up, but now with rosetta for some reason the side chain option does not appear although it indicates that it is activated, this only happens with Waves plugins since with the natives of logic or fabfilter if this option appears to me, I'm desperate I have been 2 days without being able to finish my mix I hope your help, greetings.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

I'd put one of the Logic compressors in the same fx slot. like Vintage VCA. just to check if the configuration you are trying to load the plugin into, is not invalid. if you were going to Midi automate or control anything, you wouldn't bother sidechaining. So you will know it is your mixer causing the issue, or the new plugin. for the "I don't use waves" answer, elysia alpha master where you are now. for other busses and fake G, I usually use the NI Solid Bus. You can more easily mix in the side chain signal level. :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  5. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Be aware that sidechain / PDC in conjunction with plugins which introduce latency is broken.

6. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Thought that was fixed in previous update???

7. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

nope, still broken in 10.7.1. Plahyback is working under some situations, but live compaensation is completely borked.
    Eg a strack stack with 2 channels, one with a pluging with high latency and one channel with no plugin on it. Playing that track stack live will sound broken

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  8. DanMartini77

DanMartini77 Newbie

hey there, did you find a solution?
    I have the same issue and tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling plugins..
    this solved the problem for one out of two.
    Logic's compressor always showed the sc selector, now the re-installed plugin (Melda MautodynamicEq) is also fine but I'm left with
    Fabfilter C2 not showing it and don't know what to try next..

if that helps anyone: creating a new user made the problem go away, so if you're ok to work on your projects on a new user that should do.
    This also seemed to indicate that resetting or copy/paste Logic's preferences could solve the issue on the main user's account but in my case trying that didn't work out.

9. zonzo

zonzo Newbie

Hi Same here with logic 10.7.4 / Monterrey M1. sidechain missing with all third party plugins. Any solution apart from using logic with a new user account. Seems crazy apple didn't fix it yet. any solutions?