Shreddage 3 Rogue harmonics&pinch bugs?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by ShibuyaCyana, Sep 4, 2019.

1. ShibuyaCyana

ShibuyaCyana Member

This library generally works fine, but when I switch articulation to harmonics/pinch harmonics and play a note, it doesn't produce that note I want. For example, if I play a C, it may result in a G or E instead. The tone is (usually) correct: that's definitely a harmonic, but with wrong pitch. Downloaded the update patch (desperately) but wasn't fixed. I wonder if everyone's experiencing this too, or it's the files I downloaded that were broken. And, if problem exist, is it in all Shreddage libs, or only in this one? I really need a heavy sound for rhythm (which need to be dropped enough), so can Shreddage 2 or MusicLab's 8 strings become an alternative to this?

In fact at first I assumed this is how guitars work, cause I've never played a guitar before; but later I found out that both AME and Evolution Dracus behave in the way I suppose: play a C, result in a harmonic in C. What's more, the Rogue's result seems to be random by default, but is likely becoming 'less random' when anti-repetition disabled. However I still can't predict the result: it may be a normal harmonic as what I expect, or a M3 or P5 above that, or even the original tone-not a harmonic at all. These may all happen to a one single note, and seems to be related to what I've played before(fret position?). But as long as it's unpredictable(or too complicated), it's still impossible for me to use this. Love its sound so much, would be such a pity if this remains unfixed.

Forgive my grammar error if any...