Should we BAN STRONG SOUND?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by google, Aug 25, 2011.

?

Should we BAN STRONG SOUND? new 2011 poll lolz

1. YES he posts 'total poop' in the 'fresh release' section

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. NO his post are all the latest stuff

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. I dont understand?

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. or Lets just give him a strict 'talking to' about the FRESH RELEASE option and when to use it.

18 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. google

google Newbie

Should we BAN STRONG SOUND? lolz

He is posting total poop and ticking the fresh release tick box, so it shows up in the main page.

I don't have the power to ban him. But I thought I'd embrace the idea for sh*ts and giggles :) (remember the poll back in 2010!)

some of the stuff he posts here

in case you need to decide if hes taking the p*ss with the 'fresh release' button.

:)

3. bigberg3k

bigberg3k Newbie

Is there a "Stale Release" button he could tick for older files, but that are new to the site and end users? It's fresh to me cause I dont have it yet? I think everyone should put the original release date of the data they upload... :dancing:

4. google

google Newbie

There is retro section. I suggested it and saint took it up. He's pretty good like that :)

half the reason the site needed to change was strong sound s poop posts before

5. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

When you hover over the "Fresh Release" tick, it clearly states that you need to read the rules before using or else you will get banned. If Mr. Sound can't follow simple instructions, then neither should any of the rest of us. Pretty soon everyone will be using the "Fresh Release" tick.

6. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Good luck.

7. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Well he came through on a request I made for some Soniccouture stuff, I was pretty stoked about that... definitely hadn't seen those libraries around anywhere else. How about another more nuanced option in the poll?

8. google

google Newbie

i added another option

also i'd like to add Julzblusky doesnt tick fresh release enough he posts some good stuff :)

9. kday

kday Noisemaker

This whole topic is bullshit

And this topic should be banned.

10. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

Julzblusky...seriously? What are you, his boyfriend? The guy makes up his own bundles and you think he should tick fresh release? Then what's going to stop everyone else from making their own bundles? Besides, he has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

11. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Seems in these circumstances a Quiet word usually prevents the re-occurrence.

"or Lets just give him a strict 'talking to' about the FRESH RELEASE option and when to use it."...... all the way for Me.

Banning just seems kinda harsh.

Love is the message! :wink:

12. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

You said it all man ans Strong posts some really good stuff, seems like he kept Audioz alive with GonBi and some others after all those that list of excluded libraries.

13. logger

logger Newbie

@One Reason.. :rofl:
    @Kday.. :wink:

14. google

google Newbie

interesting replies.

The reason I called the post and poll "should we ban strong sound" was because it was the name of a long running poll and long running debate before.

I thought I'd throw it out there.

15. Franics_CB5

Franics_CB5 Newbie

I have to admit STRONG SOUND did put up a couple of good post's. However every time I come onto Audio_Z to check for fresh releases there's always the same old stuff being put up mostly by STRONG SOUND!

However I don't really honestly care, I've found some truly amazing stuff on Audio_Z and I'll always respect SAINT for his amazing site!

16. elsmithee

elsmithee Newbie

I agree with pilz971 give the guy a chance if he blows it then its tough luck *yes*

17. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

WTF?? how about we begin by banning the people who think highly of themselves, didnt contribute in the slightest way (yeah you have 3 or 4 posts!) and yet fancy banning others!!??.... :excl: I'd have YOU banned,poophead, rather than him cuz even though he might not always bring the LATEST stuff or post it in the wrong section at least he brings something...and I for one sometimes need the poop he POSTS...and didnt need any of your rare and trivial posts! *no*

18. Rico88

Rico88 Newbie

interesting post-- here's my 2 pennies.....

Saint took a poll that was up for a very long time, regarding the system that was adopted where the front page is to be for "fresh" releases. As I recall the results of that poll were something like three-to-one in favor of the current system. Unfortunately, some people still seem to think that the poll, and Saint's subsequent changes to the site, are rules for someone else, not them. That kinda ticks me off since the poll was fair and people had been complaining about this sort of thing for a long time.

Still, I don't really like the idea of banning people. I voted for the "strict talking to" option, but I wish that option was re-worded to read, 'a final strict talking to', because what's fair is fair, people voted, and Saint made the changes. After that final word, that should be it for strong sound, because every community needs some sort of rules and order.

19. lee1970

lee1970 Newbie

is he the reason this place has once again become like it was a year back?? all Im doing lately is scrolling down past everything...and then going elsewhere to see what another site has...I guess, if anything, you can always tell the shit posts by the pics they tend to use (chix in bikini's and so forth)...this place 'could' be great...and im real happy its here...maybe its like advertising on TV - youve just gotta put up with it before getting back to the main show...but still, there are plenty of shit posts bringing the place down (by him and others Im sure)

20. Smiggie

Smiggie Newbie

What waste of a thread. There is absolutely no issue here but B.S.! We should ban people who steal known names like "google"! Damn what a retarded user name, "google", sounds like a search engine. Strong Sound is a major contributor. Thanks Strong Sound! This thread is just plain silly and should be deleted!

21. djmonkeystyle

djmonkeystyle Newbie

there is no issue here.. *yes*

"One man's Trash is another man's Treasure"

others might find that others post are valuable others wont give it a damn..
    so it all depends on your preference.

i hope you get my point..

maybe we could put them in the right sections if you find stuffs very annoying
    ..afterall we have MODS..

the issue here is not Strong Sound sigh**

there is no way we could ban a contributor in my opinion... :wow:

if theres a problem we can fix it..
    not by means of drastic ways waaaah T_T