Should us Music people get involved in Boxing and martial arts? ( to be healthier)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MMJ2017, Mar 19, 2018.

?

Do you get behind boxing and martial arts as way to be healthy?(for those in music fields)

1. no

23.3%
  2. yes

66.7%
  3. maybe

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

5. spyfx

spyfx Guest

hello @MMJ2017 i've been into Okinawan martial arts when i was younger & it was one of the best times in my life :bow:
    Don't know about boxing.
    Kick - Boxing is also nice.
    Any sports is good.
    Anyone should stay at all times away from drugs imho.
    Peace & love :bow:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

everyone should do sport....and for sure when sitting in a room infront of pc all day...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

If you don't want martialart go on some track and field run :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Splicementality

Splicementality Kapellmeister

i practiced martial arts when i was around 15, and i can say that it's very good for both body and mind.
    also the kind i exercised was based around philosophy and meditation, so at the end of every session we did stretching coupled with meditation to keep the pulse down and to boil down what had been taught, our sensei had us sitting down in a lotus position and talking about random stuff and about what martial arts really was about too.

it is a good thing to keep your mind focused and in one spot at one time, i wish i had more space back at home then i'd hang a punching bag just for some exercise of mind and body.

9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  10. Zikkk

Zikkk Platinum Record

Why not? I tried to start Iaido, but I discovered I was too old for that. In general, the only problem is that if you try to be a virtuso in an instrument, you have to protect certain parts of your body (for example, your fingers) from injury or strain. If you are not very serious about instrument playing, then there is no problem at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Splicementality

well the most efficient sports in martial arts if it comes down to "street combat" is Boxing, Brazilian Juijutsu, Muay thai, and of course the mix of them all which is MMA, mostly MMA is at the center of such because ending up on the ground is highly likely and that's when you'll lose most definately.

but mostly you should practice not for fighting but for your soul and your own discipline.

also MMJ, if you see a knife - run! only a fkn idiot challenge a knife - no matter how much of a virtuos you are, you should always run.

pz

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. jonathanrodhes

jonathanrodhes Kapellmeister

I have been doing martial arts since I was a boy and it keeps me healthy. If you start after your 40's take it easy, otherwise you might apply to the sudden death club if you overdo it. Time past, time gone, at least partially

13. If your living comes from or perhaps your reason d'vivre depends upon your dexterous fingers, a voice box that finds choke holds disadvantagous to hitting the high note or perhaps a knee or elbow that guides the boom bam of your drum kit, then no. You gotta love the one you're with, and flirting with disaster might just end your long term love affair...art can be a jealous mistress or master.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Ziko

Ziko Guest

Yes do sport, unless you're into that fat sound

15. jonathanrodhes

Last year someone twisted my thumb and it took me about a year for a full recovery...I still was able play piano though

16. Splicementality

some highly philosophical stuff there mate, but.. what are you talking about?

17. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I'd love to knock out a few music industry professionals, so this might come in handy. Thanks!

18. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

Keep yourself healthy by whatever means works for you and doesn't hurt you more than being unhealthy.

As far as martial arts go, you can use it to stay fit - you can be fit by doing yoga (you can strip away the spiritual aspect of yoga it has the same vedic originis of as Musti Yuddha (the art of strike fighting) and malla-yuddha (the art of combat wrestling)) Yoga is the workout without the technique somewhat....

Being fit has many benefits, but remember that we are all not programed the same genetically on an individual level. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

used to do Tae kwon do .. lots of fun indeed.. martial arts does not have to be high impact..
    unless you really plan on hard sparring... or breaking boards , but not really necessary

save your hands for your music... but if you need to help take out a terrorist on the train,
    the skills will kick in and you know how to apply the force.. :yes:

brush up on the art of letting the "sunshine" in m8... :wink:
    that's how he rolls .. so get used to it

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. jonathanrodhes

I started with twae kon and besides I found it very exciting, I thought it was not very practical in real life.

For goodness' sake, I'd rather live in another (less fancy and less expensive) country than being exposed to a very dangerous minority of lunatics with long beard

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  21. Cackwizard

Cackwizard Ultrasonic

I'll just leave this here.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List