Should i keep La Scoring Strings v1 when i get v2?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Thermaltake, May 8, 2014.

1. Thermaltake

Thermaltake Noisemaker

Hi I was wondering should I keep La Scoring strings 1 if I have version 2 of La Scoring strings, I mean I'm not sure if version 2 have all instruments that 1 has. So if someone know please reply, thanks.

3. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Hi Thermaltake,
    yes LASS v.2 has the same instruments and the same sample pool as v.1
    If you still want to be on the safe side, you can use both versions by copying Instruments folder from v.1, to your LASS v.2 folder and renaming it to 1.0 or anything like that.
    Then you can resave and it's done! :wink:

4. Thermaltake

Thermaltake Noisemaker

I tried to move files to same destination folder like Multis, Instruments...and I only moved 16-bit version files becouse V2.0 that I download is only 16-bit version they removed 24 becouse it was too large, and I did batch-resave but when I load them there wasn't any sound and background picture was missing from v1.0. I don't want to have both becouse as you know all those libraries are not small they are like 10+Gb so I wan't to get rid of what I can, but I first wan't to ask :)

btw I saw in Instruments folder in v.1.0 that there are basses, viola's... that aren't in this v2.0.

5. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

v2.0 is 24-bit only, not vice versa *no* , the sample content is just compressed. Basses, Violas, etc. are indeed present in v2.0 only on different places.
    If you don't want to keep both, then remove v1.0. As I said, nothing is missing in v2.0, and the scripting is a bit better :wink:

BTW, you CAN keep both and still save space by copying v1.0 nkr+nkx files to v2.0 directory, then rename Instruments folder in v1.0 to "Legacy" or anything like that, and then move the Legacy folder to your Instruments folder in v2.0
    Then try the batch resave. Be sure to check "Allow alternative file types" and click Browse Folder. Find the v2.0 parent directory and select OK.
    Now it should resave without problems :wink:

6. oidua

oidua Member

...So for a first time user/installer there's no point in having both but go straight for LASS 2, am I right?

7. Thermaltake

Thermaltake Noisemaker

Oooh thats why is lighter than v1.0. I will keep 2.0, becouse I delete 1.0 already, and don't want to download again.

Thank you! :)