Should i dump Catalina for Majove and format afps?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Justin-Cydeher, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Justin-Cydeher

Justin-Cydeher Kapellmeister

I had enough of Catalina, i only used it because i like Apple notes., literally nothing else., unless i missed something like a audio app that only runs in Catalina.

I re installed majove, my older 2013 macbook pro and imac both seem happier, faster..maybe cause i use vpn and lil snitch yo now block out Apple everything traffic., maybe will use catalina inside parallel desktop to check my notes since i sync em with my ipad pro and iPhone ..

so are others staying in majove?
    I noticed the new logic pro does not appear to be compatible , same with imovie etc

3. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

If you plan on updating in the future APFS is mandatory...

4. Justin-Cydeher

I can always start over cause nothing went seem-less last time i went from majove to catalina….2018
    But are you using majove with afps?

5. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

I'm on big sur, which requires apfs same as catalina, if you have Mojave installed on an HFS+ partition, you will not be able to update, and you wont be receiving any sort of security update even if you manage to install catalina on a hfs+, so if you ask me, Big sur is a bit mature now with most of bugs fixed, go the apfs route and install big sur.

6. Justin-Cydeher

I know BigSur sux a55, has backdoor to check your apps., everything steve jobs stood against.

so any majove users with hfs? Not planning on upgrading here. , just loading all the audio stuff i can find, isnt this the reason your here too ?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  7. Justin-Cydeher

Come on guys you can do better then this? Why keep it a secret, is majove with hfs+ The best way to run any app cause afps causes issues or are you guys running majove with afps and have no problems?

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

I payed for a full license of it, but I do not use little snitch. I use Lulu. It is lighter (and free). I am using this "firewall" application to prevent applications on my computer from having access to the internet.

I do not have it installed to show you some cpu/resource comparison between the two. But it is worth noting, because while these programs may be small in install size, etc.; they are constantly running. Look into what Little Snitch is running like.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021