should antipsychotics be banned for their use on people with asperger?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by KUSHSMOKERLIT, Feb 9, 2024.

1. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

that's my question should they be banned right away? i think so not only do they disable you at an emotional level but also at a physycal level will share my story here , i was diagnosed with asperger in 2022 then i was forcedly put into a psych ward for a month got injected with abilify maintena 400 mg then when i finally came out the psychward my psychiatrist kept mandating for me to get these injections on a monthly basis i took 18 forced injections these injections did nothing but harm to me , i dont have any strenght , cant smoke weed , cant get drunk anymore and i'm kinda glad i didn't get erectile disfunction becouse that's one of the side effects , don't you think these "medications" are inhumane and a burden for those with neurodivergence / mental illness ? from my experience they don't cure asperger since asperger isn't an illness per say this isn't a troll thread this is real life experience would like to read what you people think i don't care if i get hatred for this thread as there are always people willing to hate no matter what you do on this world thanks to those that comment

3. Bassifondi

Bassifondi Ultrasonic

mandated injections imho are crimes.

4. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Bother you always have Alaska and Western Australia. You go out there build yourself a shack and fuck your meds.

The problem arises if you want to be around other people and are at risk or harming others then things get complicated especially if there was an episode that required a committal.

As far as making a determination one way or an other about a medical drug for psychiatric issues well I don't have enough information or data and neither do the other people on here.

You came looking for an echo chamber, to justify something you already want to do, you don't need permission. You want to do something, do it and just live with the consequences without blaming anyone else other than yourself. That's what it means to be a good human, regardless of what you do, own it and don't pussy-out if others come at you with whatever - cuffs / jail / batons - just own it.

I am sure there is a choice to be made there. Do (A) get (B) - do (C) get (D). You can always choose (D) until we have a complete anarchy and I can do (X)(Y)(Z) just because then we all have stick to A/B/C/D.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

This is it. Sure we've all got opinions, I do as well (there's a surprise...) but I think opining on something that deals with someone's health is entirely wrong, doubly so because we're talking to you (the OP, that is) who we don't know personally.

Regardless of what one thinks of mental health professionals, at least they refuse to do diagnoses without meeting the patient.

6. Fireplace

Fireplace Ultrasonic

Having Asperger (even though it's no longer a stand-alone diagnosis) doesn't put you in a psych ward. Smoking "kush" can. So basically you did something to get yourself institutionalized, got treatment, and now you complain you can't do what got you into a psych ward in the first place anymore. Should antipsychotics be banned because you can't get high or drunk anymore? Probably not.

7. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

i agree with you they are a violation of human rights but big pharma doesn't care all they care about is profits , all these people that defend psychiatry clearly have never been harmed by these so called "medications" neither had their liberty taken away so they will always talk with a judgemental actitude and talk from the outside

8. Gnosisrausch

Gnosisrausch Kapellmeister

^ Fireplace is correct. As you can see from my last post on psychotherapy, I am actually very critical of it, but you will certainly not get institutionalized for Asperger. You must have acted in a way that either seemed a threat to yourself or others for that to happen. Also, antipsychotics are not a common treatment for aspergers at all, and certainly not against the patient's will.

Kush, I agree with you on the potential dangers of psychphamaceuticals, though.