Short plugin post - food for thought

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by BaSsDuDe, May 8, 2021.

1. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

I rarely if ever have started a thread., perhaps three in more than that many years.
    To cut to the chase

PLUGIN TESTING:
    A.I's and the all-singing-dancing claims.

I am not going to compare any plugin, or for that matter name any manufacturer. Nor am I going to compare choices you each have and will make as a preference.

SIMPLY - Anything that boasts huge dynamic ranges, automatic EQ discovery and matching, automatic detection of any number of frequencies, auto-adjustments and or artifact detection...just consider this...
    When any one of us works with samples, loops, wav files and music or sound that is pre-generated, 808 kick drums etc, electronic music of any kind - The volume and gain is often already even or near to a set gain level. Acoustic and real instruments recorded raw and unprocessed are a whole new ballpark.

SUMMARY:
    If you really want to see just how good any new plugin is, use it on RAW recordings of musicians where the recordings have not already been compressed, limited, the drums are not a single stereo file and you have an entire kit that is not samples...real instruments.
    WHY? - The dynamic range, natural and unnatural frequencies will be present and if some plugin says it can do everything...it will and show how good it is or is not on RAW unprocessed files. Doing it on processed files will always fall short of the TRUE mark .:like:

Last edited: May 8, 2021